Board logo

waited for wind but nothing happenin!
bucski - 30-5-2004 at 17:46

Spent all avo waiting for wind at the lagoons at dyfi, wind guru was forecasting 11knts at 3 oclock but it didn't really get above 7knts, not enough even for that monster titan of mine, oh well.
Anyone else manage to get a ride? Were col, neil or graham over the other side?
cheers
tim

kelvin - 30-5-2004 at 19:20

should have come to barry its been going off all day , sw15+

justal - 30-5-2004 at 21:53

It got pretty windy where I was, up to about 15-16 knots, but by that time I was committed to doing other things so didn't get out.... Maybe tomorrow.

Al.

bucski - 31-5-2004 at 06:43

was that over at borth? i think neil was over that way, wonder if he got out?
tim

justal - 31-5-2004 at 06:56

Nope... I was in Bristol and planning to go to WSM, but ended up getting roped into shopping for a suit for my impending wedding!!!

Al.

badexcuseforasailor - 31-5-2004 at 07:22

Suit? Is there such a thing I though the only suit was a wetsuit

bucski - 31-5-2004 at 07:38

aah, there were some kitesurfers up from cheltenham yesterday, for the day, who had decided to give WSM a miss and go to dyfi instead! Looks like they would have been better off staying south.
As for the wedding stuff, I got married last year so know where you're coming from, I hired my suit. Went to maldives for the honeymoon, which was cool.

justal - 31-5-2004 at 07:41

I did think of getting a custom made wetsuit designed to look like a dinner suit or something.... Decided it might be a little too warm for a July wedding though!!!

We're off to the Outer Hebrides for our honeymoon.... Should be some wind there!

Bucksi... Are you still around? There might be some wind this evening.

Al.

leonardo - 31-5-2004 at 07:46

We were down at the golfourse beach front on sat and nothing happened! Neil, Graham and I were standing around doing nothing all day! It was light Westerly all day, oh well at least it was sunny and blue sky all day. Where'z the wind?!

bucski - 31-5-2004 at 21:03

cheers for the thought Al but can't make it then

I shall be over tomoro, prob be there around early avo, you able to go out then?

cheers
tim

justal - 1-6-2004 at 05:59

I won't be around until later in the afternoon.... All of a sudden it isn't looking great again, although it picked up quite a bit yesterday eveing and overnight..... Fat lot of use that was!

Al.