Board logo

14th Feb should be up Dovey side
mNeil - 11-2-2008 at 18:20

yep wind looking true easterly by then and looks to be lasting through the weekend.
will come up thursday me thinks, or maybe late wed evening.
whos about?

shem - 11-2-2008 at 20:11

Neil you cant start a new weekend thread, Im still enjoying the last weekends one!

Dandine - 11-2-2008 at 20:54

Got wednesday off, but the wind is not looking the best. How much can you add for an easterly wind? May be up for the weekend if it improves

shem - 11-2-2008 at 21:56

Double it, maybe more but ya never can really tell!

Loxley - 12-2-2008 at 12:24

only seems to be showing 8-9knots for the weekend now ( lunchtime tuesday ), so if shems 'double it' rule works 18+ may be worth a drive over.

Noo Noo - 12-2-2008 at 12:59

Hmmm I've been wanting to experience this. I may pop down Friday / Saturday.

crut - 12-2-2008 at 18:53

Me too. Where do you go to enjoy such delights as an easterly?

Behind Borth on the estuary? Or Dovey side?

justal - 12-2-2008 at 19:39

Ynyslas side is better as it gets the full force of the E-NE's whereas Dovey is a little sheltered... But, there is lots of work going on on the beach at Ynyslas so there isn't much room for launching and landing and little access to the water at the moment.

Al.

Loxley - 13-2-2008 at 13:48

So who's Dyfi bound for kiting ?

Not sure if my biking skills are up to you regular MTB'ers so although I could do with the exercise I dont want to be dragging along miles behind.

It's either that or sorting the garden ready for it to be ignored for springtime !

mNeil - 13-2-2008 at 14:09

steady Mark MTB sounds like hard work to me far easier on the water. i will be over dovey side in the main car park going down this evening. Tim assures me that there is no safety margin for launching at ynyslas side now with all the work going on there. nice pub on dovey the Britannia inn ,got some good real ale, ask Tony about it!

dunk - 13-2-2008 at 15:04

Neil,

Beware in the main car park, as J de Hat almost got a ticket last week for overnight parking.

Dunk

Loxley - 13-2-2008 at 15:51

So was J.d.H's 'almost' ticket due to not buying one ( I have been guilty of the same at Dovey ) or because the "overnighting" is banned ?

If not permitted, is the car park opposite the petrol station/spar shop still available ?

shem - 13-2-2008 at 17:13

Im keen for a sail at dyfi tommorow. Think Ive worked enough this week already! You could always park the vans down next to the train station, (free and no time limit), then just walk over the caravan park and hey presto SEA!!!!

Kitefish - 13-2-2008 at 20:15

We should be there Friday night.

jon d hat - 13-2-2008 at 20:35

quote:
Originally posted by Loxley
So was J.d.H's 'almost' ticket due to not buying one ( I have been guilty of the same at Dovey ) or because the "overnighting" is banned ?

If not permitted, is the car park opposite the petrol station/spar shop still available ?

Ive only seen the guy twice since I've been going there. He came round early last week and I was still in bed when I heard him pull up. Leaped out of bed and talked him out of giving me a ticket. I told him I had arrived late last night so consequently couldn't book onto a campsite (Blag) but it worked....sure he won't be so understanding if this occurs on a regular basis... On the other hand, I've never had any bother round at the carpark opposite the garage so give it a spin.

Noo Noo - 14-2-2008 at 08:02

Hows Ivor been behaving this week Shem / Justal?

I may pop down tomorrow and Saturday if it's been a good Ivor.

Checking tide times for lagoons.

justal - 14-2-2008 at 08:07

Ivor was in full force this morning...30-40 knots at Ynyslas, but has eased off to around 20 knots now.

Al.

Loxley - 14-2-2008 at 08:58

So given the 'green' nature of last weekends forum posting, how likely are we to see some 'kiteable' wind at Dyfi this saturday/sunday ?

Its a long drive and over £60 of fuel to get there to sit on the beach ( as lovely as it is ).

If Ivor is playing ball, will we still be seeing 20knots by the weekend ?

shem - 14-2-2008 at 09:14

The weekend doesnt look as good as today and friday, Id wait and make it a last minuite descision if I where you.

Noo Noo - 14-2-2008 at 09:27

Think I'll give it a blast early doors tomorrow. Low tide is at 9ish.

Anyone else about

shem - 14-2-2008 at 12:27

well Ive jibbed out. 25-30 knots and a wind chill of minus 4 isnt doing it for me. Hopefully tomorrow will be warmer!

justal - 14-2-2008 at 12:28

Just been out to check it on this side and it is 40 knots and bloody freezing!

Al.

Loxley - 14-2-2008 at 13:04

You are painting a rosy picture which is making me so excited about loading up the old van tomorrow night ! NOT !

Think I will have a C.O.D.4 session instead this weekend and try and get a few more points on my score.

Noo Noo - 14-2-2008 at 13:18

Agreed. could end up with a proper ice cream headache with those temperatures.

a rethink and weather watch perhaps.

justal - 15-2-2008 at 22:15

Good old Ivor.... Been up to his tricks as usual, Not quite so strong today, but still reached 30-35 knots.

Al.