Board logo

New Moves
badexcuseforasailor - 20-10-2004 at 21:28

Ok going to put this to the vote I managed to do some new moves on a teaching board and a small sail can I claim them on the force of nature questionaire?

justal - 20-10-2004 at 21:52

Hmmmm.... Are the moves really supposed to be fully planing moves? Are you happy with claiming them?? By the sounds of it and the fact that you have posted this poll then you yourslef aren't entirely happy with claiming them so you may just have to wait until you have pulled them off on a 'real' board!!!

Al.

AndyW - 21-10-2004 at 08:23

I would say don't claim it yet but keep working on the move.

I've been trying heli tacks also. I last tried them on my big race board with a 7.5m sail. But I wouldn't claim it until its repeatable on my usual kit, 113ltr Mistral flow and maybe 5.0 - 6.5m sail.

7.5m sail is v.difficult to go from back winded to clew first. I'd keep trying on a small sail to begin with.

Although a light / moderate wind move you should be planing when going into the tack. You need to crack it on the board that you usually sail.

Just going for these moves can improve your overall sailing though and it's a good use of time when there's not enough wind.

Keep going for it.

IainO - 21-10-2004 at 20:42

I personally wouldn't claim a move unless I could do it on a 100L board or smaller. This obviously depends on your weight so for me 100L counts as a freestyle board that will carry a 7.0 as I weigh 78kg.

Having said that I learnt a few moves on a beginner board in Margarita that I'd never heard of before such as the Strimmer which I would happily claim. It's hard enough on a big board never mind a 100L board

badexcuseforasailor - 21-10-2004 at 21:29

Spoil sports

Guess will have to wait a while longer don't think I will be too far off the helitacks but the pushtacks may be a while longer