Board logo

selling a bit of kit question
Jonny - 28-1-2005 at 07:28

I bought my kit last week and theres some gear i;l never use so am geting rid off. Im getting rid of a NP 7.2 Diablo sail from 2000 thats brand new, only been pulled out of the bag a few times and rolled out. Im also selling a Peak Hifly 295PX 131 litre board that I'l never use. The board has got a few scratches and its had 1 or 2 little cosmetic repairs that you dont even notice. I was told it was from 1999. so it'l be 5 yrs old at the moment coming up 6 this year.

Just wanted to get an idea of prices they would fetch back in the UK. Im selling them on a NZ site simalar to ebay called trademe. Im hoping to get at least 170 quid for the board and 150 quid for the sail.
Cheers
Jonny

Wes - 28-1-2005 at 08:54

Your prices seem to be about right for the UK, but a friend of mine bought a load of kit in NZ at (what seemed to me) a very cheap price. Any NZ windsurf forums to ask on?
Hope its going OK over there

Jonny - 30-1-2005 at 23:55

Cheers Wes. I paid top wack for all my kit but I was desparate and couldnt afford to wait a few weeks just to get some kit that little bit cheaper.
Im in windy Wellington at the moment except its not windy. Theres hardly a breath blowing so as soon as I get rid of my kit tomorrow and if theres no wind, im moving North up to the east coast surf spots round Napier and Gisborne.
Depending on how much I get for the sail and the board, I may have enough money for a second hand surf board as the North island is littered with good surfing spots.

Jonny