Board logo

FON Meeting (The next one)
justal - 26-7-2004 at 06:11

I guess it must be time to start orgainsing another get together on the beach... Should we do it at Borth again or do you all fancy meeting up somewhere else? It usually ends up being Borth as it seems to have everything that everybody wants and is never too busy with tourists.

I was thinking that the beginning of Sept. would be good, maybe the weekend of 4th & 5th?

Who's up for it?

Al.

rob - 26-7-2004 at 10:41

i could be persuaded... yep count me in

Spencer - 26-7-2004 at 15:49

wouldnt be able to make that w/end (Work). The w/end after would be okay though,but unfortunatley can only make it if the forcast was reasonable! Maybe we could carry on where we left off last time i came up ...Spence

shem - 26-7-2004 at 17:01

Always keen, Ill keep the weekend un booked so I can concentrate on playing!!

Bananaman - 26-7-2004 at 22:39

I'll come along

mNeil - 27-7-2004 at 09:33

will be back from france by then and always up for a play and barbie

leonardo - 27-7-2004 at 12:27

the BOK wil be up for it FUR SURE!!

justal - 29-7-2004 at 06:00

Looks like it will be Borth for that weekend then.

There are quite a few new members here, So, for those who haven't joined us before, basically its a very informal affair where we all meet up for a weekend and indulge in our favourite Forces-of-Nature sports. So whether you windsurf, kite, kitesurf, boogie board, landsail or surf 9or anything else) come along and join us. We're all pretty friendly, its free and even if the weather gods don't look favouable on us that week, we'll still have a good time on the beach / in the pub.

For more information about the beach and village of Borth, for diections and accommodation options, read through the posts at:
http://www.forces-of-nature.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1042

Or post any questions in this thread.

Hope to see you there.

Al.

justal - 29-7-2004 at 06:04

Oh, and if theres no wind, I'll do a sacrificial burning of my 2002 Fanatic Cross 100!

Al.

Dave - 29-7-2004 at 17:04

I'll be around for that one.

I don't want to see the board burn, but given recent winds at the FON meets, I'll bring some wood.

kelvin - 29-7-2004 at 19:42

hmmmmm might give it a go if windy that way ,
maybe can persude the B.W.A.(barry windsurf arseholes) to come up for a South verses West race, freestyle and finally and eating and drinking comp ?

justal - 29-7-2004 at 21:06

Sounds like a good idea to me! Ben was up here earlier in the month... Will he still be about, or will he be off to Australia by then??

Al.

kelvin - 30-7-2004 at 17:25

he,s due to go anytime now (lucky sod ) aint seen him about last 2 wks , know he was looking to sell van so maybe no transport.

justal - 31-7-2004 at 05:52

Yeah, its OK for some. he seemed pretty excited about the trip when i saw him. I didn't get much chance to chat to him though as it was 25 knots and sunny, and I had to rush off to get married. We did manage to encourage each other to go for a couple of forwards though.

Hopefully it will be windy enough for that on Sept. 4th and 5th and we'll get you going for them!

Al.

badexcuseforasailor - 10-8-2004 at 21:41

Cya there

Will have to see if I can beat my record of 6hrs to get home

badexcuseforasailor - 11-8-2004 at 10:24

What time are the tides? hope us puddle sailers can get out on the estuary

AndyW - 11-8-2004 at 11:36

We hope to make an appearance on one of the days.

Lets hope the wind gods are kind ;-)

justal - 11-8-2004 at 16:05

BEFS.... High tides are around midday that weekend so you should be fine.... although if theres some westerly in it we reckon its time you took on Borth seafront!!

AndyW... I hope so too, its about time they were.

Al.

Dave - 12-8-2004 at 13:10

BEFS, I'm with you
but I think I will probably get nagged by Al to go out on the front as well.

justal - 12-8-2004 at 18:40

Don't worry... I'll only nag if its perfect conditions for you guys on the front... If theres wind and it has easterly in it I'll be in the estuary anyway...and if its big and gnarly out there I won't expect you on the seafront, but if its a nice Force 5 with surf less than 2 foot then you should be out there!!

Al.

rob - 12-8-2004 at 18:46

dont forget ur kite BEFS, you'll have to have a blast on the mountain board now!

Palmer - 15-8-2004 at 11:45

Just saw this thread whilst scrolling through the sight.
I'll be down there for the gathering, already got some beers in the fridge.
We'll have to call in at the local butchers for some potatoes!!
See you all there.

rob - 16-8-2004 at 18:55

just under 3 weeks to go now... shall we start placing bets on the weather yet!?

badexcuseforasailor - 21-8-2004 at 17:53

Hope your your building the bonfire for the sacrificial burning of the cross !
May only want to burn part of it I'm not going out on the sea front if its blowing a hoolie

justal - 24-8-2004 at 21:27

We'll see.... if the wind stays like it has been recently the there won't be any need to burn it at all!... It was nice today to have a nice sail with my 5.7m in conditions that weren't too mad... It didn't last long though as it soon filled in and I was hanging on as best I could!

Think I might go shopping tomorrow so that I can have some new toys to play with for the FON weekend.

Al.

justal - 25-8-2004 at 23:36

Still too early to start guessing what the weather will do, but at the moment we seem to be in a classic autumn weather pattern with a High Pressure out in the Atlantic to the South West and a series of lows tracking across Scotland on a 3-4 day cycle.... If this keeps up, so should the wind!

Of course, it is still only August so it could all soon shift back to a typical summer high pressure system stuck over the UK.

Will anyone be here the week before or stay any longer the week after??

Al.

justal - 30-8-2004 at 10:21

I did see you Rob..... in my wing mirror once you were behind me.

Spoke to a few people on the beach today who said they'll be down next weekend. AndyW and Jules have their accomodation booked.... Now all we need is wind like we had this weekend!... Although at the moment it isn't looking fantastic.

Al.

badexcuseforasailor - 30-8-2004 at 12:07

Im just there for the weekend as the boss is away at work and I got the keys to the factory.

This thread seams a bit quiet whos gonna be at Borth for the weekend?
If your thinking of coming its a great place even us puddle sailors can get out on the estuary if its too windy n wavey on the sea front

rob - 30-8-2004 at 12:11

i dunno al, friday afternoon looks really good, hopefully it will hold out for the weekend!

rob - 30-8-2004 at 13:06

i might stay a couple of days after the weekend, depends on the weather and work really!

looks like i just missed you on tuesday al, i was just leaving the beach and i drove past you in borth but it was too late to wave!

Bananaman - 30-8-2004 at 22:43

I'm bringing my windsurf kit this time in case its too much wind for kitesurfing. I guess I would be on the estuary though cause I can't do waves

AndyW - 31-8-2004 at 08:18

Jules and I will be there for the weekend.

See you there :-)

Dave - 31-8-2004 at 10:32

I'll be around, as will Sarah, see you all on the beach.

kelvin - 1-9-2004 at 22:06

looks like there will bo SOD ALL wind for this week ,