Board logo

New Concept for Boards
Busty - 22-5-2008 at 19:11

Hey, I'm working on a concept for a new design of strapping our boards to the cars so they are much harder to steal. The Straps have steel fibres woven into them so they can't be slashed or burnt and even resist chemicals.
The whole thing is quick release and locks up.
Check out the concept picture and please leave me feedback on the styling of it. This product is currently being prototyped and any feeback you give will help keep our boards in our hands and not theirs. That's all folks

[Admin] - See reply below for image.

shem - 22-5-2008 at 20:39

What about the steel cable ones that lock around a fixing point that are all ready available? Be good to see these anyway, can you try the photo again.

samwisegamgee - 22-5-2008 at 21:09

Hey - looks awesome

I could see the picture in Safari, not in Mozilla though - I'm a Mac user.

justal - 23-5-2008 at 06:03

Is this any better in Firefox on a Mac?

Gotta look after the sensible Mac users!

Al.

samwisegamgee - 23-5-2008 at 10:20

Perfect! Thanks from a sensible mac user

Busty - 23-5-2008 at 12:27

Here's another image of it in use.

Are you refering to the products that lock into the fin plugs?
These locks are all quick release and require no tools or cables running to locking points, such as towing eyes.
The straps pass through the clamps and the black handle slams shut to keep the boards secure.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated

samwisegamgee - 23-5-2008 at 17:55

Yeah, I know the ones you're talking about

I had my board nicked when I was living down in taunton last year Had them locked on but they slashed them to get the board....

Anything that could save me going through that and the cost of a new board can't be a bad thing! Plus it looks good too

Are you developing them to be produced? I know a couple of my mates who would be interested too!

cb3334 - 28-5-2008 at 15:22

i'm desperate for something like this, i've had boards nicked once or twice, and now everytime i leave one on the roof of my car i'm half expecting it to be gone when i get back... the material ones always seem too weak to me and i often don't have the energy or movement in my hands (from the cold) for the more fiddley secure ones!
looks pretty cool as well, would sit well on top of my old mini!
what is the future of this product?
cheers

shem - 29-5-2008 at 05:12

So are your straps totally slash proof? Would a stanley knife get through them?

Busty - 29-5-2008 at 11:52

Yes, they are slash proof.

They stand up to Stanley knives, serated kitchen knifes, wire cutters, scissors etc.
They failed with industrial bolt cutters but they could probably cut the car in half!

There's no way you can make antying 100% secure but it's a huge deterant and withstands the common tools used by theives.

Im doing more testing with potenial users if you're interested? One of the surf mags is going to give one away in a competition when it gets to that stage