Board logo

N'Easterley > Estaury?
leonardo - 26-4-2004 at 09:02

Hey

Just curious..wind looks like 16-18 knots NE for Wednesday @ Borth. Would the best spot in these conditions be at the estaury? & if so to get there is it a walk along the beach or a drive past the golf course? Need some flat water!!!

rob - 26-4-2004 at 10:31

drive past the golf course and the road goes to one place only - the estuary! just park on the inland sign of the danger sign and you'll be ok.

speaking of which, does anybody know when they start charging for parking down there?

and it will be the best place in that wind i'd imagine!

rob

justal - 26-4-2004 at 17:18

They start charging around Easter, but are usually only there on the weekends (if they aren't there you are SUPPOSED to pay at the visitor centre.... £1 a day or a whopping £3.50 for a season ticket!!

The estuary will indeed be the beast place Leonardo. And you can park right on the sands so theres no walking involved at all. As Rob says, stay close to the dunes or you WILL get your car stuck....well and truly stuck too!!

If the NE's do indeed arrive then expect them to be a good 5-10 knots stronger in the estuary than anywhere else... If its 16-18 knots elsewhere then the estuary will be honking and probably more like 30 knots..... Woohoo!

High Tide on Wednesday is 3.35pm... I'll see if I can rearrange a few things at work and get there for 4pm.

Al.

Jonny - 26-4-2004 at 21:33

Damn! Im dying to get a windsurfing sesion in, Im busy all week with loadsa uni work and Im playing football on Wednesday afternoon so Fridays my best chance of getting out.

Bananaman - 27-4-2004 at 00:25

WOW the weather is certainly looking sexy, is there not a forecast for the weekend anywhere or next week?

justal - 27-4-2004 at 05:58

Jonny... You could alwats get out in the evenings... Chris was on the water until 9.30pm the other day!!

The forecast now has the wind in a more Northerly direction for Wednesday, so it might not be as good as we though in the estuary...only time will tell.

Bananman...At the moment the forecast for the weekend isn't great with light variable winds on both Saturday and Sunday. Theres no point at all looking at forecasts for next week yet as they won't be accurate... even those for the weekend will change drastically by the time it gets here!

See you soon.

Al.

shem - 27-4-2004 at 06:27

Ill join you at 4 o clock on wednesday Al, although Id love to have a day off, I just cant. Bugger. Maybe a mega dawny first though??

justal - 27-4-2004 at 06:30

Yep... sounds good to me. The tide will be pretty low in the morning, but its a tiny neap tide so there should be plenty of water in the channels. What sort of time will you head there for a dawny??

Al.

Jonny - 27-4-2004 at 17:15

9:30 in the evening?? Chris must be keen. I thought its dark by 9. Theres been quite a reasonable wind all day with lovely sunshine but all I can do is sit a watch the wind charts on xc weather from my computer as I got loadsa work in for Thursday. Im gonna make the most of it after Thursday though and get out when I can especially so as its warmed up! Just hopes theres wind this weekend