Board logo

Dovey or Borth ?????
eh flyer - 29-7-2010 at 14:54

This saturday 31th.... Dovey or Borth ??????
HELP!!!!! which one will be BEST ?????

snoozer11 - 30-7-2010 at 10:01

Well I'll be Ynyslas side - cos I live on that side and tis a long way to drive around. Low tide 18.30 so lagoons might be nice for kiting mid afternoon.

justal - 31-7-2010 at 20:22

Turned out good here in the end - Wind picked up nicely at about 5pm for a couple of hours and I managed to get out. Glad I didn't make an attempt earlier in the day when the wind was just teasing me as I probably wouldn't have bothered again once it filled in properly.

20-30 knots in the end and perfect at Ynyslas... Although I did sail across to Aberdovey at one point. Diary Entry here

Al.

eh flyer - 1-8-2010 at 09:28

i ended up in dovey and had a great day afternoon was far the best time

cheers mark

snoozer11 - 2-8-2010 at 10:24

Yep - I did several runs from Ynyslas right across the estuary to the Dovey side (risking getting stranded . But it really picked up around 6pm and had loadsa fun in the waves off Ynyslas!

quote:
Originally posted by eh flyer
i ended up in dovey and had a great day afternoon was far the best time

cheers mark

mNeil - 4-8-2010 at 08:07

hi Neal sounds like you are getting proficient; backwards and forwards to dovey and out in the waves. see you all last weekend in august. not been out here yet basking in the sunshine.

snoozer11 - 4-8-2010 at 11:26

Hi Neil - you'll have the tan not us !! but there has been wind here to compensate... as you observed I'm really enjoying the being on the water now See you end of the month.
Cheers,
Neal.

quote:
Originally posted by mNeil
hi Neal sounds like you are getting proficient; backwards and forwards to dovey and out in the waves. see you all last weekend in august. not been out here yet basking in the sunshine.