Board logo

It's quiet in here
Fat Shady - 26-9-2011 at 19:15

It's quiet in here, does any one still kitesurf at Borth?

justal - 27-9-2011 at 07:30

Always plenty of people out on the beach and quite a few diary entries from Ynyslas too so you won't be on your own if you come down for a kite surf.

Not a lot of wind around at the moment, but it is gorgeous out there!

Al.

shem - 27-9-2011 at 21:03

There does seem to less of a weekend crowd in Aberdyfi, maybe cos of fuel costs? Week days however are much busier, which is nice. as there always seems to be more weekend monday to friday during 9-5 hours. It shows that people are getting their priorities right at last

mNeil - 28-9-2011 at 16:02

hi Shem re your fuel costs; when i got my van nearly 6 years ago it used to cost me £just over £40 ish for the deisel to get from brum to borth and back , now its over £66! i tend not to go unless the weather is up to scratch; hence i missed 9 weekends before last Christmas

shem - 28-9-2011 at 19:15

Ye thats enough to put you off hey!

crezzee - 3-10-2011 at 11:49

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Shady
It's quiet in here, does any one still kitesurf at Borth?

Hey Wayne get up to BRS this weekend for Vansurf its gona be epic, a few of us are going on thursday to catch the mega winds!

crezzee - 3-10-2011 at 11:57

quote:
Originally posted by mNeil
hi Shem re your fuel costs; when i got my van nearly 6 years ago it used to cost me £just over £40 ish for the deisel to get from brum to borth and back , now its over £66! i tend not to go unless the weather is up to scratch; hence i missed 9 weekends before last Christmas

Hey mNeil you need to look into brewing your own bio diesel. 3 years ago a trip to the coast in my VW van would cost me £45 (250 miles). Now it costs me about £8 for the same trip

mNeil - 3-10-2011 at 17:08

hi Crezzee
give me a link to this please; would have to check the suitability for the 2.7 sprinter engine first lest it became a very expensive experiment. Dave used to put veg oil in his transit till it ruined the diesel pump but worth a look all the same.
regards neil

crezzee - 3-10-2011 at 21:43

quote:
Originally posted by mNeil
hi Crezzee
give me a link to this please; would have to check the suitability for the 2.7 sprinter engine first lest it became a very expensive experiment. Dave used to put veg oil in his transit till it ruined the diesel pump but worth a look all the same.
regards neil

Yeah veg oil not always a good idea in some engines, everything you need to know is in this forum:

http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/forum/index.php />
It may look complicated at first but plenty of experienced chaps on the site always willing to help.

By the way vansurf is open to anyone, not just Fatshady.

http://vansurf.webs.com/ />

[Edited on 3-10-2011 by crezzee]