Board logo

Tangles?
Pauly - 25-8-2003 at 22:45

Had my first go with my new Bullet 3.5. Was slightly out of control but didnt kill anyone. I stayed well clear of humankind!! Bit of a problem with line twists though. Whats the best way to pack the lines away? Any suggestions? The guy at the shop said wrap clockwise around both handles. This didnt seem to work that well

justal - 26-8-2003 at 05:53

I always wrap mine around a winder, which is basically just a piece of plastic / wood with a 'V' Shaped notch at each end. I ALWAYS make sure I wind them up by crossing them over each other in a criss-crossing kind of motion. If you just wind them round and round the winder/handles then the lines get twisted and you end up with loads of tangles.

Winding them diagonally around a winder one way then the other means that they come off without a single twist or tangle.

I hope you unerstand what I mean as it difficult to purt into words, but will save you hours of untangling on the beach.

Al.

justal - 26-8-2003 at 06:06

Hi Pauly,

I've just read you diary entry and realise that you fly locally. Let me know when you'll be out on the beach again and I can show you how to wind your lines and give you a few tips....

We'll get you on that mountain-board within an hour.

Al.

mexican bandit - 26-8-2003 at 07:14

I wrap my lines on a figure of 8 over the handles. To see a grafic guide try the Ozone web page (link below).I've done this for quite some tima and never had trouble unwinding.

Mex Bandit

<http://www.ozone-gliders.com/ozkites/kframe.htm>

[Edited on 26-8-2003 by mexican bandit]