Board logo

***New kite surfer***
Angry_Apple - 3-10-2003 at 06:44

Help! Im in the need of some pointers to help me on my way to do some kite surfing. Itd be really good if you could tell me what is the best board and kite for my build and height, as I dont really know. I live in the Borth area and I see a lot of people from this website(Al etc.) and I REALLY wanted to start, so thanks if you have some pointers for me.
Angry_Apple.
;-)

macdonaldal - 3-10-2003 at 10:19

1) Buy second hand - you can save soooo much money - try ebay - loads of kit there. Plus the 2003 kit will probably be reduced soon

2) get a twin tip, not a directional - much easier to learn on !

These are my best pointers

justal - 4-10-2003 at 05:54

I'd agree with those as well, and start off learning to fly the kite really well on the beach before getting in the water with it. once your kite-flying skills are perfectly honed, then the actual kite-surfing is REALLY easy.

Al.

Angry_Apple - 4-10-2003 at 08:19

Thank you people!

shem - 11-10-2003 at 21:43

Helo Angry Apple!!

Ive just compleated my kite surf instructor course. If you want any hints and tips just let me know, Ive got quite a few kites etc ,if you want a play just give me a shout.

badexcuseforasailor - 12-10-2003 at 09:07

Kitting lessons on the next FON trip?

Angry_Apple - 12-10-2003 at 20:36

Kiting lessons? Yes please! Do I need to pay? Im willing to if you want a small sum of money! I live 2 miles from Borth if anyone needs to know. Thanks again,
Angry_Apple