Board logo

Diary entries & scrolling
MartinF - 31-8-2004 at 11:18

Hi Al,

I hesitate to suggest something that I know could take a fair amount of effort to write, but I'm going to anyway...

How about being able to scroll back through diary entries - say 25 entries each page?

Rationale - there are so many folks adding their diary entries now (pat on the back - well done!), that if you don't check in every couple of days, you're likely to miss what's been going on.

This would then give you the chance to scroll back & forth in time to check out those otherwise missed entries.

If it helps, I've got some php code that could be adapted to do this.

Cheers,
Martin

justal - 31-8-2004 at 16:07

I'll see what I can do.....

Al.

justal - 31-8-2004 at 16:32

There you go.... I've added a pagination feature to the 'New Additions' pages of the diary section.... Let me know if it works OK for you before I do it for the rest of the pages.

Pretty quick hey?

Al.

MartinF - 31-8-2004 at 17:17

Apologies - I've just bombarded you with U2Us: Trying to give feedback on a moving target is a tough challenge!!

M

MartinF - 31-8-2004 at 17:20

Just being picky now, but...

The first/last links (as well as the prev/next, when you get around to those) should be disabled when you're on the firs/last page respectively.

I know you like a challenge!

justal - 31-8-2004 at 19:11

Maybe one day.....

I have to add a photo upload feature to the diaries first though, and finish off the other sites I'm working on first (maybe I should get you to cast your critical eye over those at some point?).... I quite enjoyed the pagination feature for the diaries this evening though, so thanks for that little challenge.... If only pulling off a Vulcan was as simple!

Al.