Board logo

loosing posts
chris - 3-6-2005 at 12:28

AL,

i'm having trouble. i keep loosing posts because i forget i'm not logged in. it should stay logged on but sometimes i use margi's computer. is it posible that if you not logged on and you post a reply on the forum it just reminds you. instead of loosing the post. i wrote a long rant about buggies the other day. although with hind sight i'm glad i lost it.

cheers

looks as if the wind is picking up.

see ya on the beach

justal - 3-6-2005 at 12:38

Not sure what you mean Chris... If you aren't lgged in then the 'Quick Reply' section isn't on the page anyway and even if you go to the 'Reply' page first and then try to post a message it will tell you that you need to be logged in as anonymous posting is not allowed. From there just go back copy your post, login and paste it in now that you are logged in.

Or is something weird happening??

Al.

chris - 3-6-2005 at 12:42

al,

when it happens i can't go back and enter my user name and password. it seems as if the page is lost.

cheers

chris

justal - 3-6-2005 at 19:36

I've just tried it here. I get the message saying you must be registered as anonymous posting is not allowed, I then hit my Back button on my browser and the mesage is still there so I can copy it, login and then paste it into the reply box once I'm logged in....

If I get the chance I'll look into putting the error message before the reply entry page though....

Al.

chris - 4-6-2005 at 17:40

al, not a major problem. glad the wind is easing tomorrow. i'm shattered.

cheers

chris

Jonny - 5-6-2005 at 10:54

Yeah ive had the same problem once or twice.

Your logged in so you hit the quick reply button - write your message and then click 'post reply'. It then says anomynous posting is not allowed. You then hit the back button to retrieve your text and its all gone so you shout Doh!! pretty loud and contemplate on whether you can be arsed writing your reply again

Jonny

simon123 - 8-12-2010 at 10:40

Whenever you do a post, it's always require you to login.
I know this already, but thanks for which i don't know.