Board logo

Can't log out
ajdesq - 29-3-2006 at 10:51

Hey Al,
When I access f-o-n at work, I can log in OK but can never log out - When I click 'log out' the screen comes back and I'm still logged in.

I wouldn't want some unscrupulous work colleague posting something interesting under my name!

justal - 29-3-2006 at 15:01

Hmmmm.... Try deleting your browsers cookies, that might do the trick.

Al.

ajdesq - 29-3-2006 at 17:11

Hmm.. can't delete the cookies as IT have a hold on all that. Big Brother and all that, will take it up with them. Although they may ask what I'm doing on f-o-n when I'm supposed to be working

PS - Love the Weblog Al!

justal - 29-3-2006 at 18:09

Glad you like the weblog... I only set it up so that I could mess around with a particular blogging engine... Gives me somewhereto post my ramblings as well rather than submitting everyone here to them!!

As far as logging out goes, your login info is stored within a cookie so deleting the cookies (if you can) may help. Other than that, I didn't build the 'login/out' procedure myself so I won't be a lot of help. but I'll into things if the cookies don't solve the problem.

Al.

justal - 29-3-2006 at 18:11

Andrew... if loggin out from a forum page doesn't work, try going to the home page and logging out from there... I have a feeling that the cookie generated is different depending on which section you logged in from, so you may need to log out from the right section in order to actually delete the cookie???... Just a hunch but it might work.

Al.