Board logo

FON wear
Spencer - 25-6-2003 at 15:13

With the size of your membership you should start doing some car stikers or t-shirts,or is this too cheesy,,,(10% of profit to me obviously for suggesting it)...When do i get to learn the secret handshake

justal - 25-6-2003 at 17:17

Secret Handshake.... But you're only a grommet, you won't be learning the secrets for a while yet!!

As far as 'T'-shirts etc. go, then I thought of it ages ago, and already have a 'T'-Shirt myself. I even used to sell some 'T'-shirts with different designs on them under the name 'Tsunami Surf'.

So, F-0-N 'T'-Shirts could be a distinct possibilty if people are interested. Previously I printed the designs myself onto good quality white 'T'-shirts and could then personalise them with people names etc. But, if enough people are interested I could look into getting a load made up professionally, which might actually work out cheaper. I had good quality rugby style shirts with embroidered logos made up before which were really nice.

The design of the 'T'-shirt I have is fairly basic, with the Forces-of-Nature 'swirl' (as in the logo at the top of the page) on the front with the URL beneath it, then a big version of the swirl on the back and the URL written across the shoulders.. Maybe some members could submit some designs and we could see what everyone would like.

Let me know here if you're interested and I'll see if its worthwhile.

I've thought about Car Stickers as well, but don't know much about getting them produced, so if anyone knows anywhere that does them at a good price, let me know and I'll look into it.

As far as profit goes, I'd sell them at just a little over cost price. If I could make enough just to cover the cost of hosting this site (which is unlikely) then I'd be happy.... And then with everyone proudly wearing their F-O-N clothing at the beach, the membership here should grow!!!

So, anyone interested in 'T'-shirts or stickers??

Anyone got any good designs??

Al.

paul - 25-6-2003 at 20:51

yeh I'd take a t-shirt, I've been meaning to get some galeforce8.com t-shirts and some sail stickers done for a while, the sail stickers will help the mrs figure out which one I am on the water.

anyone know any web sites that do printing for that sort of stuff ? ?

Dave - 26-6-2003 at 12:13

You can count on me to have one (or two)
Sail stickers sound a good idea too.

If you spend the modest profits on the site that would be a nice way for everyone to contribute.

badexcuseforasailor - 26-6-2003 at 15:21

Sail and car stickers sound like a good idea Some nice big ones to cover up the rips and caterpult damage on our sails. I like the idea of t shirts too not sure about names though "badexcuseforasailor" is a lot to have on a Tshirt and I'm sure not walking round in a Tshirt with "Befs" on

justanna - 26-6-2003 at 15:29

You picked the stupid name not us!

justal - 27-6-2003 at 14:03

I've been trying to find somewhere that will print sail stickers at a decent price... Any suggestions??

Al.

badexcuseforasailor - 29-11-2003 at 19:14

Just had an idea about stickers for cars how about putting a design on here that we can print off and then put in a tax disk holder and stick in car window.

justal - 30-11-2003 at 00:07

OK..... I'll see if I have some time to work on that this week.

Al.

justal - 30-11-2003 at 09:36

Trouble is, I'm no graphic designer, so if anyone here wants to come up with a decent design, then feel free to do so....

So far I've come up with this, but could do with a silhouette of a windsurfer and kite-surfer similar to the one I have of the surfer.... Any ideas where I can get one??

I know its not great, and it needs some tweaking, so feel free to tell me if you think its crap!!

Al.

justal - 30-11-2003 at 15:04

Not to worry about the silhouettes... There was no wind or surf today really so I've drawn some myself...

How does this look? And what size shall I make it??

Al.

mexican bandit - 1-12-2003 at 14:23

Al,
Not saying your design is bad, but for a car or board I'd prefer a long slim one looking more like the title on the page: FOS + three coloured vortex.

Mex.

justal - 1-12-2003 at 17:27

Ahhhhhh... But if you read BEFS post, this one is supposed to be designed to go into a tax disk holder!!!

Al.

shem - 14-12-2003 at 09:17

I think Gabby (the sign writer), at Aberystwyth would be able to do custom sail stickers, Ive spoken to him about getting designs on my kites, theyd have to be screen printed however not to affect the weight. I think his website is www.dasigns.com

justal - 26-6-2006 at 20:38

Right, it's only taken me three years (since this thread was started) to do it, but there are finally several forces-of-nature T-shirts available. More designs will be coming soon, but for now there are T-shirts for kitesurfers and T-shirts for windsurfers, You can even add your username to some of them.

Al.