need to get into pure surfing...
what board should i get...
i'm 5'8'' ... 11 stone...
getting on a bit but fit enough...
got good balance and co-ordination...

i want to head towards longboarding...
so do i need an 8 footer mini mal...
or could i get away with a 7'6''...

i really love those gary cooper boards...
traditional malibu boards...bootiful...
they seem to get a good rep. ...
from what i've read on the 'net...

what do you guys think...
many thanks in advance...
cheers...simon ...

justal - 4-10-2007 at 21:08

If you want to get into long-boarding why not get a proper log-board rather than a mini-mal? You'll catch waves earlier on a long-board have a bit more time to get to your feet too. You do loose a bit of manouverability, but a decent progressive long board will still turn pretty quickly if your ride it right.

Al.

cybersymes - 4-10-2007 at 21:27

quote:
Originally posted by justal
If you want to get into long-boarding why not get a proper log-board rather than a mini-mal? You'll catch waves earlier on a long-board have a bit more time to get to your feet too. You do loose a bit of manouverability, but a decent progressive long board will still turn pretty quickly if your ride it right.

Al.

cool advice...what do you suggest...8-footer...9-footer...

are those roger cooper boards a good job...

thanks 4 your reply...

shem - 4-10-2007 at 21:34

Follow Als advice, if you want to be a long border, buy a 9foot or bigger Longboard. Being quite light and new to it id go for a nice progressive 9footer. Something like a 9' x 22 x 25/8, a thruster set up will give you more drive and harder turns

cybersymes - 4-10-2007 at 21:53

quote:
Originally posted by shem
Follow Als advice, if you want to be a long border, buy a 9foot or bigger Longboard. Being quite light and new to it id go for a nice progressive 9footer. Something like a 9' x 22 x 25/8, a thruster set up will give you more drive and harder turns

cool cool cool ...
all good info...
many thanks... simon ...