Board logo

BEACH BASH
Palmer - 1-9-2004 at 12:19

Is the beach bash still on for this w/e???

If so who's going?

badexcuseforasailor - 1-9-2004 at 14:52

Yep its still on I will be there, even if theres no wind forcast its still good to get together put faces to names.
A few beers in the evening (landlord in local pub doesn't own a means of telling the time)

We can clean up all the driftwood on the beach ie.. have a huge bonfire and BBQ

justanna - 1-9-2004 at 15:05

Does that mean that if there's no wind you'll all go out and collect driftwood for my new wood burning stove!

I hope there will be wind for you all though and not too many tourists!

A quick warning for those of you planning on camping......the last few nights have been a lot colder so bring a decent sleeping bag (Steve! )

See you all at the weekend

Anna

Dave - 1-9-2004 at 15:27

See you all at the weekend, is anyone going to the Friendship Inn on Friday night?

justal - 1-9-2004 at 16:23

How about Friendship Friday night, BBQ on beach (In dunes by the Golf Course Car Park) on Saturday night??....

Wind isn't looking great I'm afraid... We'll have to invent some light wind alternatives.... Any suggestions?

Al.

badexcuseforasailor - 1-9-2004 at 16:30

We better think of some before Anna does

mNeil - 2-9-2004 at 09:44

think that i am going up on friday morning as the wind looks the best that day

rob - 2-9-2004 at 17:27

anybody reckon the easterly forecast for sunday might pick up a bit in the estuary??

justal - 2-9-2004 at 21:05

There may be JUST enough for some kiting on Sunday morning, but it will be low tide and the winds look as though they will be pretty light.

Typically Tuesday, Weds, Thurs looks OK though... Will you be around then Rob?.

Al.

Nick - 3-9-2004 at 09:05

Sorry I can't make it this weekend - hope the wind turns up for you. Looks like today could be good - great weather here in Dudley .... shame it's two hours from the sea!

Forecast does look good next week though - easterlies should be fun in the estuary. Will try and get over weds, thurs or Friday - Al could you let me know what the tides will be doing. Ta

Have fun

Nick

rob - 3-9-2004 at 13:45

two hours from dudley?!? what route do you go?

Nick - 3-9-2004 at 14:42

Just guessing Rob, I usually travel from Droitwich via Tenbury, Ludlow, Craven Arms, Newtown, Machynlleth

B road nightmare!

Cheers

Nick

rob - 3-9-2004 at 15:03

yeah i'd go through craven arms and newtown, then a44 to llangurig then straight to aber. 2:25 quickest ive done it. i must have had a tailwind that day!!

badexcuseforasailor - 3-9-2004 at 15:50

I have to admit ive done it from hemel in under 3 hrs, that was getting up a silly oclock in the morning and somehow not seeing another car going my way once onto the b road hell. I can't face silly oclock in the morning so as theres no rain forcast gonna drive up tonight

rob - 3-9-2004 at 16:03

christ that puts me to shame!

justal - 3-9-2004 at 16:41

Nick...

Weds HT c. 4.55pm (neaps)
Thurs HT c. 6.25pm
Fri HT c. 7.05pm

Weds looks interesting at the moment, and I might even have some new toys to play with by then!

Al.

Bananaman - 4-9-2004 at 09:54

Guys, sorry I decided not to come down this weekend because of the lack of wind. Be down on my next free weekend when its windy though

[Edited on 4-9-2004 by Bananaman]

Palmer - 6-9-2004 at 09:48

Well i'm claiming the fastest time from Stourbridge to Borth.
1hour 59mins - Friday night (trying to get back for last orders)
Time confimed by on board computor...'smokin'

AndyW - 6-9-2004 at 10:05

Yep, 2 hours flat is my best time from Wolverhampton to Borth Estuary from 6am-8am to catch the tide and 30 knots NE.

justal - 6-9-2004 at 16:13

Well, there wasn't a lot of wind about as forecast, but it wasn't a complete wash-out. Friday afternoon saw enough wind for some kite-surfing, as did Saturday morning. AndyW and BEFS went out on the water on saturday with big windsurf kit... Andy sailed into the estuary but was presumed missing... I'll let him (or Jules) tell you the rest of that story.

Saturday afternoon saw some nice, if small surf for us to play on, and Sunday afternoon produced a decent sea-breeze. Plenty for kiting and even enough for Andy to get going pretty well on his big wndsurf kit.

Al.

AndyW - 6-9-2004 at 16:22

Well it created some excitement and a game of 'Where's Andy' and it gave BEFS another reason to get the mountain bike out.

I do recall the last thing I said to Jules before going out was 'don't worry if you can't see me I might be going out quite a distance' ;-) Bless.

Oh, but then I also recall a discusion about life insurance... opps.

I've never had a reception committee when coming back in before, I might get used to it.

:-)

Bananaman - 6-9-2004 at 19:31

Sounds like good fun guys. Loads of wind now though but of course, theres no chance of me gettin out in it. Bloody typical. Must be like the 3rd or 4th weekend when I've done nothing cause its been calm at weekends and bloomin windy in the week. ARSE.

rob - 7-9-2004 at 20:49

all in all an excellent weekend after the original forecast of 3-4kts!!!