Board logo

hi all wheres the wind
dazzamuffin - 14-7-2003 at 20:08

ive not been out for well over a month because theres been no wind im bored bored bored

al i ll be down for a week in the august so hopefully we can get the bq going

all pray for some wind

justal - 14-7-2003 at 20:34

There was plenty of wind here today. 20-25 knots in the estuary this morning and it kept blowing right through until about 2pm.

I should have gone out with my 5m really, but ended up having a madly maxed out and soetimes overpowered session with my 5.7m instead. I was only out for an hour or so though before work, so being overpowered was better than not having enough wind.

Don't worry Darren, the BBQ has been well and truly tested these last few weeks.

When will you be here?

Al.

badexcuseforasailor - 16-7-2003 at 14:45

Ive not been out for a month either
There was enough wind at the weekend but I was at Croft for the touring cars and had no kit with me
Spend couple more days in North east saw a few boards on roofs but only saw 2 people sailingin puddle at at QE2 country park at ashington. ~Was kindly offered a go but didn't fancy northeast water without a wetsuit and wind was very marginal too.

Lets hope theres some wind this weekend

justal - 16-7-2003 at 17:19

Don't wish to rub it in, but we've had plenty of wind here, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week. Once again it was 20 knots in the estuary this morning, but unfortunately there wasn't enough water for a quick early morning windsurf before work this morning. If I had had more time there would have been plenty of wind and water in the channel, but getting there takes too long so I went to work instead.

The wind has swung around to SW mow and is about 13 knots and picking up....No doubt it'll get to 16 knots when it gets dark!!!

Al.

griptool - 16-7-2003 at 19:51

Al you must give that work a miss, belive me its not worth it.

I hope to give work the heave ho on Friday morning, fingers crossed for 5m weather at weston

badexcuseforasailor - 17-7-2003 at 07:49

Looks like its gonna be windy today---- as I have to go back to work

justal - 17-7-2003 at 20:01

It was certainly windy here!!... I've just got back from a top session at the Lifeboat Station. Maxed out on my 5m and little wave board with some perfect clean 3 foot waves to play in!!!

Stoked!

Al.

justal - 22-7-2003 at 06:25

quote:
Originally posted by dazzamuffin
ive not been out for well over a month because theres been no wind im bored bored bored

al i ll be down for a week in the august so hopefully we can get the bq going

all pray for some wind

Dazza... where were you at the weekend, all your sailing buddies from Chasewater seemed to be here.... A guy with a Hifly Mad and Starboard fish, a woman called Betty on a Starboard Acid 77 and a couple of other guys too.

Al.