Board logo

Robin Hoods Bay
Thodd - 4-4-2005 at 15:12

Early signs look promising for a swelll on the east coast next weekend. I can remember seeing on this forum somewhere a photo that someone took of Robin Hoods bay when it was going off.
Well i'm thinking of popping over on the weekend and want to know if Robin hoods bay is worth a look or whether to just go with Cayton Bay?

Can anyone help or give me some info on Robin Hoods bay?

shawn - 5-4-2005 at 09:53

it was me that posted the pics - I can mail 'em to you again if u want. I don't know what it's usually like there though, sorry. I think it's meant to be pretty good, but couldn't guarantee it. The spot it was all going on at was the left hand side of the bay (llokin out), quite a way out - there were 2 separate spots, the further out one was definately bigger.

shawn - 5-4-2005 at 09:57

it was me that posted the pics - I can mail 'em to you again if u want. I don't know what it's usually like there though, sorry. I think it's meant to be pretty good, but couldn't guarantee it. The spot it was all going on at was the left hand side of the bay (llokin out), quite a way out - there were 2 separate spots, the further out one was definately bigger.

John C - 5-4-2005 at 20:18

For East coast web cam look at the web site bellow. This is Tynemouth Longsands probably 90 miles north of Cayton but it should give you some idea of what the surf may be like. There is a shop / surf school at Cayton will try and find the number for you. Cayton is also listed on Teletext BBC Pg 429 for current surf conditions.

http://www.elsom-cook.com/longsands/index.html />

[Edited on 5-4-2005 by John C]

[Edited on 5-4-2005 by John C]

Thodd - 6-4-2005 at 08:18

Great stuff, cheers for that guys.