Board logo

What board and fins does everyone use?
booger - 24-5-2005 at 10:31

i ride a 4play mitch rawlins 41.5 with churchill fins, what does everyone else ride n how much do u pay for a decent board over there these days?

Airborne - 24-5-2005 at 16:38

I only get to ride a couple of times a year because i dont live near the coast. So, i bought myself a 40" Manta Elite like 3 years ago, and its still in good condition (because i dont ride much)...that set me back £99 with free leash, bag and wax. 60/40 rails - lightweight extruded pp core - channel bottom - swallow tail.
I think Manta originates from Australia, is it highly used over there? As i mentioned earlier i use rheos, but now im thinking of buying a pair of Churchill's

booger - 25-5-2005 at 08:22

not that many people ride manta in aus and i think it is an aussie brand, its started to be viewed as a kook board now mainly because of all the cheap crap boards they make, but they still make some sik boards like the lester etc. most people here ride NMD's, 4play, Nomad, ms science do you guys get these boards over there?? Do you not live near the coast airborne?

Airborne - 25-5-2005 at 12:44

Yes we have some 4play stuff, like the Element, Hardy, Rawlins and Rose bodyboards but not a lot at all in the rest of those makes you listed...i reckon manta do some good boards, obviously because i ride less i dont want to spend too much so the cheaper price is better for me, yeh ure right the Lester Pro is good, other ones like Five07, Phoenix and Manta Pro XBT are cool too.
If you really want to go cheap then the Alder range are sold in the UK. I think us Brits quite like BZ and Genesis, ive also heard that the Mike Stewart range are popular in the UK.
Yeh, thats right booger i live in the midlands of the UK so i dont live near the coast, the sea closest to me is usually dirty and no waves...my best chance is in Wales, but i go down to Devon and then to the South usually once every year, then a summer holiday in France near Lacanau Ocean and Hossegor...i still need to see the Nequay area though :

[Edited on 25-5-2005 by Airborne]

booger - 25-5-2005 at 12:52

all 4plays are sik, my rawlins is dead and im thinking of getting a rose or hardy next (mainly a rose cause he is a awsome bloke) but the NMD's are localy made on goldcoast and are sik as boards, my mate rides the nmd winchester and it goes soooo hard, and nomad are a new brand from vicco and matt lackey rides for them i got a lackey board and it goes awsome. A few people ride BZ boards but for what u get its way to expensive like who would pay $600 for a hubb when you can get a nmd ben player for $299?. it must suck driving for hours to get to the coast and see the water is dirty, waves are crap, 50knt onshore, water is 2degrees and air temp is -5 haha, god i love living on goldy haha

Thodd - 26-5-2005 at 08:06

Hey booger...

I've got an 42" Ion with Hydrotech Fins. I spent £160 on it (no idea what that is in Aus $) I hate the fins at the moment tho and despite all the "technology" thats supposed to be in them I think they're utterly crap, i'm going to get myself a good old pair of Churchills in a couple of weeks.

As for driving for hours and hours to get to dirty water with no waves... you couldn't be more wrong. I'm not saying that we have better more consistant waves than you because that just isn't the case. But we are a small Island and because of that fact (and where I live) I can get to either the west coast if theres an Atlantic swell or the east coast if theres a swell in the North sea after a fairly resonable drive. - Which I hasten to add we only make after checking the weather report and bouy data to find out whats happening with regards to waves.

The water isn't dirty either.... its just cold. But if you love waves and you live in England, the best ones are usually in winter so you just grit your teeth and get on with it.

booger - 26-5-2005 at 11:11

haha yeah mate i was just stirring ya, but deadset how do your balls survive in winter there, i would be scared they would freeze off, its not even winter here now and im already in a springy cause i am a bitch i dont rekon i could surf in winter there i would die. but i could guarantee you that you would get more consistent bigger swell then the goldy and definately less crowded, if that isnt true god it must be shit there. What is an ion? never heard of that. By hydrotech do you mean tech2's? waste of money i rekon u can get churchills for almost half the price

Thodd - 26-5-2005 at 12:48

Yeah.. tell me about the Tech2's. I saw them and thought to myself..."wow! look at all the fancy jargon speak, they must be awesome"....they're a waste of time. I could paddle faster without them on. horrible things. Still..... you got to try these things out, if it wasn't for people like me the word wouldn't spread about how rubbish things were!

Your right....In the winter here the waves can be awesome here, and very consistant. The beauty of it is that only the hardcore devoted surfers will be in the water. i can be at my usual break with just me and 2 mates and not see anyone else all day. It may be snowing...... but sometimes you just got to get on with it......
I wear a 5/4mm wetsuit with 0.5mm neoprene rash vest underneath, obviously gloves (3mm) are essential otherwise your hands are so numb you cannt hold your board. and some neoprene socks as well otherwise your feet will be so numb when you get back to land you won't be able to walk...haa haa. Personally I dont wear a Hood as I feel it gets in the way, I just try to ignore the head freeze headaches as best as I can.

With regards to Ion boards heres the website http://www.ionbodyboards.com/

I believe that they were bought out by Wave Rebel last year and the product as seriously gone down hill. Might just be false gossip though. Got my board about a year and a half ago so got an "original" if you can call it that.
Its a very very fast,thin and responsive board and has some unique channel designs on the underside. I love it to bits... its the equivalent to a small fast sports car, your always on the edge of a total wipeout, its very unforgiving.
Still...... I think its great.

Airborne - 27-5-2005 at 18:17

All great thoughts guys. Stop making me miss bodyboarding even more!
Im not saying that the sea is dirty all around Great Britain, just in some parts of the East Coast including places around Skeggy. Notice that in the stormrider guide europe on page 82, the east anglia pages have black and white images to represent how grotty the sea can be. Mentions of condoms and silt etc. Robin Hood Bay seems to be the only place that works on the East as well.
Cant wait for Lacanau Ocean, France (page 152)

booger - 28-5-2005 at 03:53

here's a pic of how dirty the water is here in aus, haha, that pic is of crawley at dbah (which is pretty much my local, but i rate straddie higher as a beachie wave), mate if it got that cold here i dont rekon it would we worth it. how do you move on your board when u got so much thick wettie around you, and regards to the crowd thing the goldy has some of the most crowded breaks wordwide but if you know where to look you can score uncrowded sometimes whole empty beaches/ reefs to yourself.

[IMG]http://img20.echo.cx/img20/9250/msee5tv.jpg[/IMG]

heres another pic i took myself (the pic of crawley isnt mine) of a reef up on the sunnycoast called taffoms, god it cranked this day it looks way smaller in this pic than it really was
[IMG]http://img20.echo.cx/img20/9654/taffoms21vk.jpg[/IMG]

Airborne - 28-5-2005 at 12:00

thats one hell of a paddle out

cool pics though, and looks really nice, as well as the weather.

I think you get used to the wettie stuff, to be honest i usually wear a wetsuit even if im on the West of France, i even wore boots and gloves there.

I think if you cant move in all the wettie stuff then there is something wrong with it, or it doesnt fit you.

This is the closest break to me, it sometimes works, the water is brown because all the sand mixes with it when comming off the sandbar. I've never really seen it this brown though:

http://www.wannasurf.com/spot/Europe/UK/East_England /Sutton_on_sea/index.html

[Edited on 28-5-2005 by Airborne]

booger - 29-5-2005 at 10:00

how far away is this break, looks decent, some nice closeouts comming through there
with the wettie stuff i rekon i wouldnt be able to surf in that cause im not used to booties n gloves cause the most hardcore wettie i get into in winter here is springy with short arms short legs but it does get sorta cold here like early it can be 0 degrees with strong ssw wind but water feels like a bath at around 16-19 degrees i still freeze but
was that one hell of a paddell out aimed at the taffoms pic? cause the paddel out there is like about 200m off the beach and is hell cruizy but in big swell it can get so hectic ive copped a 6ft closeouts on the head out there got pinned on the reef for so fukin long
how far do you live from the coast airborne? where is Nottingham, and on another note i met some nice english birds out the other night sooooo hot lucky buggers over there haha.
heres a pic of the break about 100m north from where i live at mermaid beach, i wish surf was like this now, click on them to see them fullsize
[IMG]http://img270.echo.cx/img270/5691/20apr05bb13au.th.jpg[/IMG]
this guy is in the best spot but kooks it soooo chronic
[IMG]http://img270.echo.cx/img270/5076/20apr05bb25yq.th.jpg[/IMG]

[Edited on 29-5-2005 by booger]

Airborne - 30-5-2005 at 17:00

Yeh we do have some pretty good looking chicks

Those are some sweet pics there, looks amazing, yeh i was talking about the long paddle out at the taffoms pic, 200m is long.

I live about 70 miles from the east coast, Nottingham is a large city in the middle of England, i live in a nice town on the outer area of Nottingham.

Here is a diagram of where i live in relation to the coast:

Airborne - 30-5-2005 at 17:14

And here is where Nottingham is in relation to England:

Thodd - 31-5-2005 at 07:50

Probably gonna put the cat amongst the pigeons here, but I just found this picture on the web attached to an article about Australias rising number of polluted beaches.

booger - 31-5-2005 at 08:20

haha thodd nice pic mate looks well and truly photo chopped to me, we dont have too much problem with pollution here in qld but i think bondi in sydney is starting to get abit of pollution problem i dunno how bad, nothing on the LA california scale.
Airbone your not in too bad a position only 70 miles from coast, still a fair hike, do you have a car if you do your set, since i got one me and my mates have been exploring coast like crazy and found some awsome uncrowded set ups, is nottingham that place with all the crime??
surf was cranking here today 2-3ft clean as with some hell nice airbowls coming through so stoked!!

booger - 1-6-2005 at 07:25

by 200m i mean metres airbone not miles if that what u thought i meant. 200m is 1/8 mile
and in regards to pome chiks they love aussie surfers haha yewww so gold

Airborne - 1-6-2005 at 12:42

They also like us british surfers to you know

I thought you meant metres, must be nice for you to have that. Im only 16 so i cant drive myself yet. My parents have a car, but they never have the time or they cant be bothered to drive me there just for bodyboarding for one day. Plus most of the time the surf is not good, there's only one webcam i can find for the beach as well.

My family go on coastal trips with me looking for spots on holidays and stuff, but once i get a car then i'll be going with my friends on some surf trips. Maybe after my exams, i am thinking of taking a surf trip to the Croyde Bay area (North Devon) by train, in the summer with some mates and boogie all week!

Airborne - 1-6-2005 at 12:43

Thodd - 1-6-2005 at 14:41

If this is turning into a show each other our local break photograph session, then heres mine.
Its taken at Hells Mouth in North Wales last December. I take no credit for taking the photo, but it gives an idea of what it can be like when this place rocks!

Airborne - 1-6-2005 at 15:44

now that looks sweet!

check the curl and offshore blow on that baby

anyone else got some sweet pics of their spot?

booger - 2-6-2005 at 11:46

why cant i see any of these attatched pics?

Airborne - 3-6-2005 at 21:43

Have you waited for them to load, this may take up to 5 minutes because there are several large images on this thread.

If you notice the earlier images load faster than the later ones, try waiting for each one to appear.

booger - 4-6-2005 at 09:45

nice pics fellas i finally got them loading after abit of a wait, i got a few more nice pics of dbah (bout 5mins from me, the standard of booging that goes down at this place is incredible, hitting a backflip/reverse air does not make you stand out from the crowd) first pic is mitch rawlins
[IMG]http://img211.echo.cx/img211/4783/mr9pa.th.jpg[/IMG]
2nd pic is of 16 year old thomas robinson from the sunnycoast ive seen this fella surf on vids and real life and he would be easily the best 16 year old in the world and one of the best riders in the world still got abit of a way to go though, this is him at wurtulla
[IMG]http://img211.echo.cx/img211/5707/thomas23xu.th.jpg[/IMG]

Airborne - 4-6-2005 at 11:10

Those are cool pics! I wish i could look like that 16 year old on a board, he looks pretty sick!

He looks about the same skill as our British/Irish 16 year old sponger Andrew Kilfeather. As well as having two high ranking surfers for uncles, he does stand up surfing as well as bodyboarding. He enters competitions, shoots footage and even rides with Damien King and Danny Wall sometimes.

I cant find any pics of him on the internet, but he sure looks sick in these pics in a "Threesixty"bodyboarding magazine i have.

These poor photos were taken last year in France, the quality is poor because its taken from video footage, and my brother couldnt keep the camera still.
Plus they're the smallest waves i've ever surfed This year i'll be taking my new waterproof camera with me.

Note: I am not the guy with the green float
Pic 1) Me Middle
Pic 2) Me Far left

[Edited on 4-6-2005 by Airborne]

booger - 4-6-2005 at 14:52

i highly doubt this 16 year old is better or even same standard as thomas robinson, mate this guy rips if u watch visions mike stewart says he is the best rider at the age of 16 he has ever seen, ever, this guy rips man. how many 16 year olds do u see hitting massive reverse airs/backflips etc and having the best style on all of them??
airbone those pics are hard to see mate!!

Airborne - 4-6-2005 at 18:03

Like i said the quality is poor.

Alright, your 16 year old may have the style...but if you sponge with Danny Wall: considered the best Drop Knee rider over here ever, which is what Andrew does, he cant be bad...your rider may be more sick, but has Mike Stewart seen the 16 year old i told you about?

Lol, im just saying you cant knock someone that you haven't seen. Your guy seems pretty sweet, i think to be good at both your guy's and my guy's skill level is a huge achievment!

Plus my guy can do backflips as well...hes not just a regular.

Airborne.

[Edited on 4-6-2005 by Airborne]

wez - 5-6-2005 at 19:42

I know about the lad your on about i seen visions , he's going to go a long way in the sport , the stand of bodyboarding in oz is so much higher than this country by far because of the amount of sick reef and beach set ups ,if we had such waves in this country i think it would show , apart from the walls, prisks ,skajarowski,johns ,to name a few that spend a lot of time traveling to oz indo and the canarys ,there is a good bodyboardind scene in cornwall if you need any info on traveling around cornwall then e-mail me and i will do my best to help you out , but if you want waves in summer there few and far between swells that dont have much power behind them. winter is the best , it is cold but if you have a good wettie then you can stay in for a couple of hours

if you need to look at some more pics of cornwall then check out a site called www. kernowbodyboarding .co.uk

Airborne - 6-6-2005 at 15:06

Yup! Oz is certainly a great country for bodyboarding, looks like if the guy is on a video then thats cool!

I might be interested in some more information on Cornwall and its surf spots soon for next year. I will keep you in mind wez and drop you an email, as well as taking a look at that site.

Cheers matey.
Airborne.

booger - 12-6-2005 at 08:15

aus is no where near as good as everyone thinks it is, like some parts are sik as but usually they are crowded to the max, like for example at the goldy we have this wave called the super bank (snapper through kirra) which is 2ks long and people have been kown to get 18second barrells but i live 5-10 mins from this wave and havent surfed it in like 2 years cause it is so so crowded and only works properly in over 3-4ft swell which we hardly ever cop here, but i want to explore some of the coast line some day cause there is so many never surfed perfect set ups, by crowded i mean 50-100 people in 1 take off zone

Airborne - 12-6-2005 at 10:12

Sounds pretty crowded then.

Its good that you can find secret spots though. Heres a few pictures of how crowded it gets when you go to Croyde Bay, North Devon in the spring...its even more packed when its the summer. It's one of the best surf spots in Britain as well as Fistral in Cornwall, which also gets packed!

The following picture shows how hard it was to get out back behind the waves that day, constant bombardment of whitewater...you can just see a surfer riding the big wave that was out back, very tiring...im in that messy picture somewhere.

booger - 13-6-2005 at 01:29

i could just imagine the crowds over there haha you have something like 30-50mil people living in a place that would fit into QLD 22 times and i think the goldy is crowded!
airbone i rekon in that pic whitewater wouldnt be the problem the number of people in the water whould have been more of an issue.
wez mate, is visions being brought out in england? kenny would be stoked bout that local sunnycoast boys getting there vid out over there, how good is jono bruce section ey, the last wave at sandals is so bullshit with him hitting 2 backflips n air reverse on the same wave, its sik watching the waves u surf on boogin vids, any of you fellas seen tension 8 yet?

Airborne - 13-6-2005 at 18:07

nope...not sure if its over here yet is it guys? i reckon its all about the newest mickey smith film, "against the grain"...inspiring!

Yeh the people are annoying to, they get in your way so much...all the people in dingies, rubber wheels, some kyaks, polystyrene boogie boarders...plus you were trying to duckdive under that whitewater all the time and popping up because someone runs over the top of you with a rubber play toy.

MrSimes - 15-6-2005 at 09:52

My boards: CUSTOM BSD and rheopaipo stinger. Will put some pics up tomorrow of the wavehouse in Durban (in SA) its sick!

Airborne - 15-6-2005 at 16:25

cool sounds good!

Wave houses are wicked! I'd like to ride one, but im not going the distance hehe.

booger - 16-6-2005 at 08:10

surf has been so off tap here last few days swell around 4-6ft with one 8ft + day with offshore winds all day and reports for remainder of week are 4-6ft east swell with offshore winds all week good god i love winter here bit cold though early like 15 degrees haha!!

Mr simes where is rutland is that in SA? i didnt even know bsd boards were stil being made? reopaipo is a decent board the new damian king model looks alright i sussed it out today

MrSimes - 16-6-2005 at 09:48

No Rutland is in England, near Peterborough. Im serving in the army now, so Im based here. Very boring place.

Yeah Ben Severson only makes boards on order. I had to order my BSD from Hawaii, but I guess that just makes it even more desireable!!

booger - 16-6-2005 at 09:57

shoulda ordered a TQD from Aus, sikest boards ey, he is in my opinion the best shaper in the world and all the boards hes shaped which i have riden have been pure gold, he used to shape for 4play but i dont think he does anymore
ordering one from hawaii would have set u back a bit, how much it cost?

Airborne - 16-6-2005 at 11:58

Simes, i train in the Air Training Corps for Duke of Edinburough at Rutland Water (the big natural reserve with a big watersports lake...is that the same place? Because i live near there.

MrSimes - 16-6-2005 at 12:05

Yeah thats it! I live in St Georges bks about a mile from the actual lake!

My board only came to about £200. With two carbon fibre stringers. Its sick, you get to choose your own materials, colours, shape the lot.

wez - 20-6-2005 at 09:19

I dont know if visions is coming out here , the only reason i saw it was because i am friends with someone that works at threesixty [ a british bodyboarding mag] and there get sent all the new dvds .
yer the jono section is sick its a pitty that we dont see more of him >
what everybody is looking forward to is micky smiths new film called a,b,c you can see a small clip from the film if you go to redefynd.co.uk but on friday 25th it has its prem at the sand bar parr sands cornwall so if anyone in the uk or cornwall can get down there then it sould be a good night

just before i go i see everyones put pics on here of them selfs so if you what to see what i look like then look at the latest pics on kernowbodyboarding .co.uk [click on harlyn watershots] im on the white board . its was only about a 1ft but matt from kernowbodyboarding wanted to test his new camara

booger - 20-6-2005 at 11:13

yeah i heard about his new vid, is that the one where he documents the trip with brendo,crashy and harry, read about that trip in rippy, wheres all this british talent u fellas been on about need to use aussies haha, jokin fellas
yeah i highly doubted visions would have been out there
whats your job with threesixty is that a british mag?

Airborne - 20-6-2005 at 15:48

Nice pictures wez, and a cool website by the way.

Yes Threesixty is our main UK bodyboard mag...in fact i havent seen another bodyboard mag in the UK other than Threesixty.

Lol booger, maybe mickey smith has gone for all the Aus people this time because his other two bodyboard movies (including the recent "Against the Grain" DVD) concentrates a lot on UK spongers: talent, underground, UK spots etc.

But i cant wait for a,b,c

wez - 20-6-2005 at 20:33

yer thats right booger he did use the ozzy lads , but wait till you see the uk section on there then you will see way there spent so long over here

booger - 21-6-2005 at 09:00

what kinda waves does this cornwall place have, beachies, points, wedges, reefs?? cause by the way you guys carry on about it it is the best place in the world. i would consider surfing there if surf cranked, if it didnt it is not worth punishing my balls in minus 200 degree water. Is it offshore the prevailing wind round there or do u have to hit it super early for land breezes?

Airborne - 22-6-2005 at 11:36

A lot of the time Fistral Beach, Newquay ("UK's number 1 surf beach") is messy without any face, but it is in a weird place really, its situated on the upper side of the thinish land that sticks out bottom left of the country, near "Lands end"...therefore it does get some prevailing wind for offshore conditions.

Although the waves are usually whitewater and not tall. In the summer the place sucks because too many people go for "the surf", winter its supposed to be good.

"three world class sets of peaks, Fistral is the place where all the major UK competitions are held. Its fame makes itn a consistent crowd puller, although in summer it turns into a mad house. Colder, bigger winter swells thins the crowds. All spots pick up swells and are known for peaky, tubing left and rights. Low tide barrels have made the North side end so famous."

The offshore wind is perfect when comming from the SE, the beach and bottom is sand and has all tides.

You can find some nice pics of its perfection here:

http://www.fluidconcept.co.u k/surf-spot/break-details.asp?fccountry=UK&fregion=Cornwall&ID=9#

booger - 29-6-2005 at 08:27

what does the waves are usually white water and not tall mean? or messy without anyface??

Airborne - 30-6-2005 at 11:40

When the waves dont break well or dont curl.
Usually in bodyboarding we guys do it properly by riding along the face of the wave with the lip breaking...then you always see the tourists doing the fun style of bodyboarding, which isjump on your board when some whitewater comes.
So when the waves dont form a face and they are small you cant really class it as real bodyboarding.
Heres a pic of a load of whitewater, the waves aren't forming a face so you cant ride along the face.

[Edited on 30-6-2005 by Airborne]

Airborne - 30-6-2005 at 11:41

you also cant ride these waves on a bodyboard "proffesionally"

booger - 1-7-2005 at 11:37

how shit are those waves, post the 2nd one in the longboarding forum on here and all the old mal riders will get full stoked n shit (small waves + spilling wave = pure gold for longboarders)
hows the waves over there at the moment??
if they were crap today i thought id rub it in cause here was cranking today so many heavy, clean, peaky beachie barrells to awsome air bowl so so so good! and tomorrow is looking just as good!!
get this pic into ya from today (i didnt surf here but surfed another beachie which was just as good)
[IMG]http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/2672/01jul003big5rj.jpg[/IMG]

Airborne - 1-7-2005 at 12:05

lol

The waves are a bit better at 2-3 foot in Croyde, but everywhere seems to have died down a bit like the pictures i posted. That's pretty much all we get in the UK during the summer, although if your lucky enough to be there when it goes off then its great.

I think we apprecaite surf and swell a lot in the UK when it does arrive due to the longer waits.

Those waves on that pic you posted look great, nice shape and a good looking ride, how often does it work like that over there?

booger - 2-7-2005 at 07:59

waves like in the pic i posted are rare, but this year has possibly been the best year for surf in ages and we have had a couple of days like that ever 2 weeks on average, today was even better surface conditions wave shape but lost abit of size, i saw this awsome pic of burlz one of the best pics ive seen in ages (burlz is one of the points that co hosts the asp world surfing tour event on the goldy each year)
[IMG]http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/6905/02jul007big1sd.jpg[/IMG]

Airborne - 2-7-2005 at 12:21

that looks sweet!

Every 2 weeks is not bad, not really sure about the UK's consistancy, maybe about once every month...dont quote me though

We usually have to wait until winter arrives before we get some decent size.

booger - 5-7-2005 at 07:20

yeah same here, winter is definately our best season for swell/wind with the prevailing wind in winter being westerly (dead offshore) with average of 2ft+ swell most days but its cold, summer is better for warmth but definately winter for surf consistency. summer is good sometimes in cyclone season for massive surf for the points.
but today was small and onshore so we need the winter patten to return, i want good waves again

Airborne - 5-7-2005 at 14:29

lol patience booger just think of how long us Brits have to wait. Most of us go abroad for our waves, including me in the summer...mainly France.

Im debating whether the cyclone season sounds a good thing (because of the surf) or bad (because of the cyclones) hehe...we dont get any cyclone's/hurricane's/tornado's. I've heard that we get some swell if its been really hot over in america and it travels over the sea to us, and sometimes becomes a stormy swell. Of course theres also that Atlantic current thingy, but im not sure if that has an affect on swell we recieve.

booger - 7-7-2005 at 10:59

cyclone season is awsome for here, i love it when a cyclone comes but all the north qlders would hate it. the actual cyclones dont come down this far south mainly hit up around cairns (sorta near barrier reef) and cause destruction and flooding but whip up massive swells which hit the sunny/gold coasts and usually are accompanied by SE winds which is offshore for all the points which can get up to 4m+ and burleigh/supabank still hold the swell of this size, some crazy local boogers surf south stradd which is a death wish but if u are there to witness it it is the best display of boogin you will ever see in real life,
but all the north qlders would have been laughing at us last week cause the goldy was almost completely flooded from 390mm of rain in half a day. but they wouldnt be laughing now cause we got belted in origin last night by nsw but atleast i got blind n absorbed the sorrow haha.

Airborne - 7-7-2005 at 15:10

Good job the cyclones dont reach you, sounds good conditions for some massive surf.

Spongebob Wilko - 16-8-2005 at 17:57

iam on a hubb 42.5 and churchill fins, still trying to find the orange spot vipers gettin close now though got a contact in Oz

booger - 17-8-2005 at 01:10

u must be one big unit riding a 42.5 and mate ditch the vipers, churchills shit all over them for like half the price,
and my mate has a 2nd hand pair of orange dot vipers (he cant even sell them) wore them for like 3 months and claims they are the shittest fins hes used now usues churchills and says he is never changing

Airborne - 17-8-2005 at 19:57

yeh i tried on the orange spot vipers to see if i would buy them, they're supposed to give a lot of thrust but are apparantly so uncomfortable, im surprised jeff hubbard can wear them, im a bit unsure about this: is the "hubb" board named that because hubbard uses it? and if so is that why you want vipers as well as a hubb board cbecause he uses vipers?...it seemed to me like yellow is large size and orange is medium, but i may be wrong.
Recently bought some hydro tech 2 fins, although they're are super comfey with good drainage, i think the thrust is just the same as my old fins. Maybe it's time to get some Churchill Makapu's and try it.

booger - 17-8-2005 at 23:42

orange dot are less stiff which means less thrust so i dunno why u would get them mabey more comfy, yellow dot are stiffer and more kick power
i rekon the hubb is one of the most overated boards out there, for the price u pay for what u get, $600 aus to get a graphic one when u can pick up a nmd player for 299 and if i got given a choice between the two boards i would choose the player,
u just forked out for tech2s i wouldnt be changing mate

Spongebob Wilko - 18-8-2005 at 19:11

hey booger iam no big unit 12.5 stone 6ft2. that was the board that i was told i should get by Dave Heard at Bodyboard HQ. my last board was a 41" Rheo ben holland and i def have improved using the bigger board and darn its quick which is good in my eyes as i prefer the big waves and big tubes.
as for the vipers i know what you saying chruhills are cheaper cheers for the info there i prob stick with my churchill babies.

you might say there over rated, but knowone would go and by the stencil version would they, jeff idea he keeps it. i only ride the board cause it was a cheaper slightly better board then the rossi ones avaliable at the time. as for NMD that seems to be a very popular board at the mo in the uk correct me if iam wrong though.

[Edited on 18-8-2005 by Spongebob Wilko]

Airborne - 18-8-2005 at 20:54

Yeh NMD are well known over here, from the sound of it they're becoming more popular as more people are suggesting them.

Don't get me wrong, i was impressed with the tech2's and your right booger for the money im not gonna change them, definatly better than my other fins any day. Was just wondering what churchills would feel like.

Spongebob Wilko - 19-8-2005 at 15:10

i find the churchills real comfortable. i had manta pro fin 2 before and they where crap. i noticed a big difference when i got my churchills makas and i dont get crap. only thing i say is make sure there comfortable with socks on for the winter times cause i there not you in big trouble.

booger - 20-8-2005 at 13:14

yeah nmd are getting huge now, although im not overly a big fan of there new policy of using shit cheap materials and manufactured in indo, but they are decent boards, i hope they dont start to specialise in kook boards and turn out to be the next manta

Airborne - 20-8-2005 at 18:06

you saying paul roach and andrew lester use kook boards? hehe, dunno i quite like manta although they do the kook boards. Nearly bought some manta fins, but they do look shit, the sharp cuts (which ive tried) aren't too bad.
Yeh my tech 2's give me a little bit of cramp with winter socks, but not so much that i cant stand it.

booger - 20-8-2005 at 21:40

they arent kook boards but i think manta have a bad reputation and people are not willing to fork out more money for a manta than top of the line nmd or the same money that they would pay for a top of the line 4play. i have only ever seen a handful of people riding a roach or a lester (opposed to rocking up at stradd or dbah carparks everyday and seeing lots of 4plays, nmds and MS etc) and this years lest costing allmost 500 youve got to be kidding no one will pay that. all the specialist bodyboarding shops here on the goldy dont stock manta at all anymore

Airborne - 21-8-2005 at 09:51

hmm you've got it spot on there booger. $225.95 was the price for the last lester, well at the moment it is. But 500 is just stupid. Thats interesting to hear goldy dont stock manta anymore, seeing as it is an Australian make compared to the UK which seems like we sell manta a lot. Like in almost every surf/bodyboard shop you enter theres bound to be a manta. All the NMD's and MS's etc. you have to order off the net, or know a good shop that sells them.

booger - 23-8-2005 at 13:09

that manta aus made comment is sorta similar to everyone thinking cause fosters is an aussie export beer aussie love it and drink it heaps which is bullshit, never see it anywhere and no one sells it, QLD has the best rum in the world though, but the shittest waves.

Airborne - 24-8-2005 at 09:49

lol very good point mmmm i could do with a fosters right now...in france they just had it everywhere, they even had a fosters bar/tent at the lacanau surf competition selling them cheap.

booger - 25-8-2005 at 12:01

ah tru, yeah ive never had it, whats it like? i heard that thats similar to cornor in mexico where ive heard hardly any of the mexicans drink it. now its time to crack open a few stubbys and watch us get flooged in cricket haha

Airborne - 27-8-2005 at 09:29

lol yeh you are getting a bit pasted in cricket was drinking fosters the other night, its a standard kind of basic beer, but i reckon the taste is quite nice...doesnt leave too much of an aftertaste. Haven't heard of that mexican beer so i cant compare it.
Hehe i just realised that the 4th test is being held at the trent cricket stadium, if your watching it thats the city in the UK where i live (Nottingham). Trent being the river that runs through Nottingham. For the next few days they're setting up a massive screen in the local big park down the road from me, so that people can sit on the hill and watch the test. And guess what? Theres a fosters cabin/bar being set up there.

[Edited on 27-8-2005 by Airborne]