Board logo

pride bodyboards
batboard - 7-8-2005 at 20:05

Just back from fuerteventura where I did a bit of shredding, not the season for it but cotillo had some nice waves, anyway lots of boogers there, far more than surfers, and most of them were riding pride boards, not a brand really known here. Know where I can get one in the UK ?

klain - 13-8-2005 at 11:29

never heard of them

klain - 13-8-2005 at 11:32

are you talking about these?

pdf

(Image deleted by admin as too large!!... I'll repost it below at a smaller size... Read This Thread for Image posting guidelines... Cheers, Al.)

klain - 13-8-2005 at 11:33

never seen them in these ere parts though

batboard - 13-8-2005 at 12:17

Thats them, French, big with Spanish bodyboarders.

Be

justal - 13-8-2005 at 15:08

Here ya go, heres the resized image...

Al.

booger - 15-8-2005 at 10:54

god i hate boards with that type of bat tail and all those elbow pads n shit

batboard - 15-8-2005 at 16:55

quote:
Originally posted by booger
god i hate boards with that type of bat tail and all those elbow pads n shit

Hmm, actually I prefer bat tails, looser in the water.
Why dont you like them ?

Airborne - 16-8-2005 at 11:16

Pride look alright, haven't heard of them either. Just got back from lacanau, i'll make a new thread about it when i can be bothered. I've decided i'm getting a new board soon and i need some suggestions on what to get. I quite like Manta, but i'll consider other boards. At the moment i use cresent tail, should i stick with that or do you reckon bat tail is good, whats the real difference?

Spongebob Wilko - 16-8-2005 at 17:54

hey ppl.

a lot of the portugese spongers use the pride out there and they swear by it. when i was out there the prices compare to that of a NMD player, i dont go to much on there bat tails. most of the sponger out in portugal seem to keep with the cresant. they stringers are set up slightly different we will normally see either one stringer on two stringer on on each side of the board the prides have two stringers near the centre of the board.
Wilko

batboard - 16-8-2005 at 21:51

quote:
Originally posted by Airborne
I've decided i'm getting a new board soon and i need some suggestion on what to get. I quite like Manta, but i'll consider other boards. At the moment i use cresent tail, should i stick with that or do you reckon bat tail is good, whats the real difference?

Depends on the waves, and personal preference.
If this is a replacement board then I would stick with what you like, if a second board for a quiver, maybe experiment a little and make a change. Ask around.
NMD, LMNOP, BZ, all decent choices.

booger - 17-8-2005 at 01:04

quote:
Originally posted by Spongebob Wilko
hey ppl.

a lot of the portugese spongers use the pride out there and they swear by it. when i was out there the prices compare to that of a NMD player, i dont go to much on there bat tails. most of the sponger out in portugal seem to keep with the cresant. they stringers are set up slightly different we will normally see either one stringer on two stringer on on each side of the board the prides have two stringers near the centre of the board.
Wilko

that would be one bullshitly stiff board, my lackey has 2 stringers and even for dropknee im not a big fan, for a prone board all u need is one
i rekon airbone have a look at the MS range they have some nice basic boards which are awsome value for money

Airborne - 17-8-2005 at 19:28

Thanks for the advice, i was thinking (like you suggested) of BZ or Mike Stewart, as i already have a Manta Board. If i wanted to try DK i would probs go for the manta roach dk 41" bodyboard.
But that's not gonna happen for a while
My manta board has a cresent, and i'll probs keep it, so i might go for a bat tail, got any suggestions on a 40-41 BZ or MS board?
Perhaps the MS3 bodyboard or bz 2005 player 41.75" bodyboard or maybe a Manta Phoenix.
Cheers.

booger - 17-8-2005 at 23:47

all the ms boards 3,5,7,8 all have sik templates any of them would be good

Airborne - 18-8-2005 at 20:41

cool thnx dude

booger - 27-8-2005 at 08:05

quote:
Originally posted by Spongebob Wilko
hey ppl.

Wilko

where are the spots to surf in portugal?? im thinking of heading to europe eventually and i heard its sorta similar to mexico

Airborne - 27-8-2005 at 09:58

I've heard a lot about portugal, its supposed to be really good with nice swells. I went when i was 6 months old, but i dont think i was into bodyboarding then

They have loads of spots along the coast, especailly to the North and South. This should help if you haven't already seen it:

http://www.wannasurf.com/spot/Europe/Portugal/index.html