Board logo

Al's dilemma
ajdesq - 29-10-2006 at 20:44

So Al wants a sensible car, and a trailer for windsurfing kit that you can also sleep in. Of course, this would NOT be a caravan. Err... whatever you say Al.

Labels aside, howabout a 'Deseo'?

It's not a caravan, it's a... er... Leisure Activity trailer! They cost about £7k brand new (hey, that's better than the £35k for the Airstream!) and I really like 'em.

Go to www.deseo-caravan.de , (it's a German site, 'caravan' has a different meaning in German...) select 'Englisch' on the right hand side, then scroll down and watch the Video on DSL.

The music to the video is HILARIOUS! It's worth watching just for that alone; a cross between Terry & June and Carry on Camping. Who says that the Germans don't have a sense of humour?

But seriously Al, you need a Deseo...

Andrew

justal - 29-10-2006 at 21:02

Looks too much like a caravan to me, I just want to fill it with toys and all those bits of furniture will just get in the way! That's whay I currently have a Transit that I converted myelf rather than a camper / motorhome as they never have any room for wet salty toys.

Maybe even a horse box will do.

Don't forget, we don't have toliets and the use of running water at home, I can't have a trailer for my toys that is better equipped than our house!

Al.

ajdesq - 29-10-2006 at 22:53

Ah! But you can get basic ones for about £5k with just the bed and the cupboards... not even a kitchen, let alone a loo! But you're right, even if it's cheap, I wouldn't want to fill a brand new Deseo with wet kit. Just a thought!

justal - 30-10-2006 at 08:09

Cheers.... But 5k isn't cheap for me, I'm hoping to get a 4x4 and a trailer for less than that.... Unfortunately living my little beach life here has one major drawback, and that is lack of cash.

I have to say that the conversion I have in my current transit is just perfect. Plenty of room for all my kite, plenty of room to sleep, cook etc and the Transit is a joy to drive, it is just coming towards the end of its useable life as far s the bodywork is concerned.

I would get another one, but there really isn't any need to carry all my kit around with me everywhere I go. Most of the time I walk across to the beach with my kit anyway, so really what I need is a shed for toys, I just thought that having a shed on wheels would be more versatile.

Al.

kelvin - 30-10-2006 at 10:19

remember seeing an artice in one of the widsurf mags on a converted horse box , and very good it looked too .
Trouble is these horsey types want more for a box that a half decent transit , ha,ha,