Board logo

Death of a Tranny
justal - 25-1-2007 at 11:34

Well, after countless years of driving various transit vans I have finally grown up!

My Dark blue Tranny rusted away and has gone to meet its makers. To be honest I hadn't used it properly as a camper for a while, and I can't remember the last time I used the stove etc. in it. Gone are the days when I used to live in my van for months on end. I wasn't even using it to get to the beach anymore as I usually walk across with my kit on a wheelbarrow, so the van was really just being used to store my kit. Trouble was that meant I was driving everywhere with LOADS of stuff in the van which was just a waste. The total weight of the van with my kit in it was almost 3 tonnes.

So, I've plumped for a more family friendly vehicle this time. More seats and more comfort, but I couldn't bring myself to driving a car so ended up with a long wheel base Mitsubishi Shogun Sport. I'm enjoying it so far and already the 4WD has got me out of a few tricky situations where other cars ended up off the road and stuck in a ditch!

It is quite a bit faster, but not quite as intimidating in traffic as a rusty old transit van!

Al.

nick-r - 25-1-2007 at 13:23

not bad.......took the rear seats out of my discovery and put some carpet down.....it's now got loads of extra space.

mNeil - 25-1-2007 at 14:15

yo everyone iin Als new van and lets go up them hills to find the snow;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;oh no!!!!!! its gone!

kiteboardingcrazy - 25-1-2007 at 15:14

you will look like a mountain ranger in that al,all you need is flashing lights on the top>>>
lol see u on sat wind permitting whats the forcast mate

justal - 25-1-2007 at 18:06

quote:
Originally posted by mNeil
yo everyone iin Als new van and lets go up them hills to find the snow;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;oh no!!!!!! its gone!

I didn't go up there today Neil, but from here it looks as though there is still lots of snow on the higher hills, especially Plynlimon.

Al.

justal - 25-1-2007 at 18:07

quote:
Originally posted by kiteboardingcrazy
you will look like a mountain ranger in that al,all you need is flashing lights on the top>>>
lol see u on sat wind permitting whats the forcast mate

Trouble is I haven't seen too many greying, 5'8" Mountain Rangers!

Still, the Shogun is fairly cool... Maybe part of a mid-life crisis??

Al.

kitecaddy - 25-1-2007 at 19:50

deffo not a midlife crisis Al ! you'd have bought a porsche or something daft like that lol, the shogun is a very cool addition 2 your family
suz

mNeil - 25-1-2007 at 19:51

want to know about mid life crisis; ask Spooker

kitecaddy - 25-1-2007 at 19:54

lol , please dont tell me spooker owns a porsche lol
suz

jon d hat - 25-1-2007 at 21:48

Not quite a porche....mmmmm....don,t mention hairdressers

Spooker - 25-1-2007 at 23:26

Envy is a terrible thing...

Just coz I'm virile, good looking, have great genes, a top van, and the best handling small roadster on the market.... everyone comes out with the tired old hairdresser thing !!!

5 times a nite for me is nothing to do with a weak bladder!!

Impi - 26-1-2007 at 10:12

Nice Toy Al

With the 4 wheel drive we can use it to rescue washed up windsurfers and kiters on the beach when they want to avoid a long walk of shame. You could even charge them a fee.

Just one question, where are you going to fit all your toys when you want to travel somewhere to sail?

justal - 26-1-2007 at 10:17

Why would I want to travel anywhere when I have paradise on my doorstep??... However I shall get a roofrack... There's plenty of room inside for my toys and if Anna and Morgan want to come with me they can go on the roof!!

Al.
xxxx

col123 - 26-1-2007 at 13:30

5 times a nite weak bladder we all know it's the other end ...wot with those trousers of yours