Author: Subject: Aber this weekend
zelwaters
Pro

Member #: 351
Posts 98

Mood: desperate for windy warm weath

posted on 15-1-2004 at 23:01 Reply With Quote
Aber this weekend

hey al going to aber over weekend shud get board 2m, can u suggest any beaches? pref one where kiting is allowed also?

help me plz x

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 16-1-2004 at 06:47 Reply With Quote
Its gotta be Borth!!

There will be a few others out kiting as well, so you won't be alone. When you get into Borth from Aber, head North through the village and out through the Golf Course. You'll come to a tiny place called Ynyslas. When the road bears off to the right, theres a triangle of grass. Don't follow the road around to the right, but go straight on. Then immediately turn left just past the bus stop into the car park. Theres a height restriction on the car park of 2.1m... if you have a van and can't fit under it then let me know and I'll sort something out. Once in the car park head to the far northern end and thats where we usually park.

I might not be there Saturday as I have to put up a shed, but if I see a kite I could head over for a bit. Also, the winds may be NE on Sat afternoon in which case the estuary would be a better location. Instead of turning into the car park in the above directions just carry straight on and you'll end up on the sands of the estuary. The sands there can be a bit soft, but the wind will be better if its NE.
Sunday looks OK too for the seafront side at the moment though, if theres wind I'll be there.

For the surf then Borth can be OK too... depends on the swell and the wind direction of course, but there may be something around.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy