Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Any one tried or got any advise?
geordieboy
Beach Bum

Member #: 115
Posts 19

Mood: chilling @ work

posted on 18-3-2004 at 09:45 Reply With Quote
Any one tried or got any advise?

Anyone got any experience of the RRD asymmetric twin tips? Im thinking of gettnig a 180cm board? Also what about the Cabrina co2 11m , naish 14m R3. Any recommendations of sites which have reviews on oldish (ie.2001/2002) gear would be great. Cheers

Palmer
Beach Bum

Member #: 400
Posts 29

Mood:

posted on 18-3-2004 at 11:45 Reply With Quote
I used to have a 2002 CO2 and it was a great kite. I shortened the leader lines and fitted a re-ride system, this made the kite kite turn really well. Steer clear of the 2001's as they had some LE trouble but this was sorted in 2002. I have been flying a 2003 the past year and it's a fantastic kite. The 2004 kites have the Recon safety system which has to be the best system around.
You should be looking for a low or medium aspect ratio kite to start with.
Which-ever kite you go for make sure the safety system works!! and always wear a helmet.
It's a good idea to launch your kite with one hand on your safety pull just in case and always launch de-powered.
Launching is the most dangerous time when flying so always be carefull - make sure you've done all your safety checks and never take anything for granted.
Kite-surfing is a fantastic sport but any incident could lead to local authorities banning it from their beaches.
Hope this helps.

dunk
A Force-of-Nature ***

Member #: 570
Posts 606

Mood: Spaced out

posted on 18-3-2004 at 13:01 Reply With Quote
I learn to sail on an RRD 170 bi/di twin tip. It was a really easy board to sail and early planeing. That was the 2002 board , I think the asymmetrics were the year before. I saw a few people learning with them abroard a couple of years ago. They didn't seem to have any problems.

I've used RRD kites for a while, at the mo I've got a 13meter airtype (high ar) and have got an RRD wave board ( windsurfing) They always seem quality products.

I sold my 170 bi/di twintip about 9 months ago for 150 quid.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy