Author: Subject: keep loosing control
savage
Hot shot

Member #: 644
Posts 48

Mood:

posted on 21-4-2004 at 09:30 Reply With Quote
keep loosing control

I wonder if any of you can help. When im kitesurfing i keep getting too much speed and cant slow down. I move the kite higher over me but that lifts me so i cant keep my edge. If i lower the kite i build up too much speed and start skipping across the water. Also any advice for getting out over waves without going down wind? Can you still keep your edge hitting waves?

Cheers

Ben

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 21-4-2004 at 15:31 Reply With Quote
A similar question was asked a couple of days ago..... Take a look at this thread

As far as getting out over waves goes, yes you can do it without going downwind, again don't have too much speed, head upwind between the waves and then just float up over the whitewater and bear away a litle as you do so that you can power back-up and again head upwind once you are over the wave. You can't hold an edge so well going over the waves as if its broken whitewater then its mainly air so theres nothing to get purchase against. Its best (in my opinion) to flattent eh board off a little which then allows it to float up over the whitewater.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 21-4-2004 at 15:33 Reply With Quote
Oh, and remember to LOOK where you want to go rather than at the kite, if you look where you want to go you'll (more often than not) go there!

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Airpowerd

Member #: 748
Posts 1

Mood: Chillin

posted on 16-5-2004 at 20:17 Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by justal
A similar question was asked a couple of days ago..... Take a look at this thread

As far as getting out over waves goes, yes you can do it without going downwind, again don't have too much speed, head upwind between the waves and then just float up over the whitewater and bear away a litle as you do so that you can power back-up and again head upwind once you are over the wave. You can't hold an edge so well going over the waves as if its broken whitewater then its mainly air so theres nothing to get purchase against. Its best (in my opinion) to flattent eh board off a little which then allows it to float up over the whitewater.

Al.

When you get over powered, keep the kite low and edge hard upwind, keep your ar5e low and take your front hand off the bar this will help you point upwind and kill your speed finally look over your front shoulder to finish it off, you'll still get over powered but in much stronger winds. as for the waves the tip given works but only when they break below head height :-)

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy