Author: Subject: I,m back
kelvin
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 148
Posts 356

Mood: waiting 4 next blow

posted on 7-10-2004 at 14:44 Reply With Quote
I,m back

well p.c problem over so back on line , winds been good this way even though me diary entries are missing heres a tatse of some of the action from Tues with " El Doc " giving it some air time .

kelvin has attached this image:

Kel www.winsurfing.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger   kelvin 's ICQ status
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 7-10-2004 at 18:16 Reply With Quote
Nice..... Wish we had an official photographer here!

I'd do it myself, but I'd rather be on the water being photogrpahed!

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

RobD
Grommet

Member #: 825
Posts 7

Mood:

posted on 25-10-2004 at 21:35 Reply With Quote
Photographer - can I help?

Hi Kelvin & Al,

It's me, Rob - Tim (Bucski)'s brother-in-law.
You might remember me photographing some of you guys at Borth in the Summer?...
Some pics

I'm a freelance photographer (amongst other things) with an ever-increasing interest in watersports and would love to spend some more time photographing you guys. Unfortunately I don't have any spare time without turning down other work - so how you would you feel about choosing a day or an afternoon when a fair few of you would be present who'd be prepared to pay for me to attend and photograph you all in action?
I reckon I'd need about £200 to cover my time [1] & costs - so the more people who turn up the less each of you would have to pay.

You'd get a CD with just your photos - all high-quality digital images ideal for reprinting etc. (I can provide prints at extra cost)
I have about 3Gb of storage cards which should mean I could take about 1000 full-size photos - so if there were 10 of you you'd get about 100 photos each (for just £20.00 !![2])
I use professional Canon digital SLRs & lenses and, as you'll see from some of these very recent shots of Tim & Derek I don't mind getting up-close & personal - not to mention WET! (I was nearly waist-deep and shooting back at the beach)

Please let me know if there's any interest in this idea - either here on the forum or using my email address -

rob@robdunsford.com

Cheers
Rob
www.robdunsford.com

[1] Based on 2-3 hours shooting time + 2-3 hours post-processing (on the PC!) + travelling to/from Shrewsbury/Borth
[2] My normal customers wouldn't even get 4 prints for that price!!

[Edited on 25-10-2004 by RobD]

[Edited on 25-10-2004 by RobD]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 26-10-2004 at 05:59 Reply With Quote
Good idea, but I can't afford it!
I spend far too much time and money working working on this site as it is, so can't go paying for photos to put on it!... Reckon I should at least get a freebie in payment for the advert?

Note to myself.... Maybe I should start doing photography for a living... normal price of £200 for four prints! I could cope with that! I must start charging people more for the things I do. I've built, hosted and done all the photography/design and copy-writing for a website for £200 before now... At least a weeks work, plus travelling to do the photography. I'm just too cheap!

RobD
Grommet

Member #: 825
Posts 7

Mood:

posted on 26-10-2004 at 08:29 Reply With Quote
Hi Al
Yes - you're definitely too cheap mate.

Please don't consider my post as an 'advert' .. I responded to what appeared to be a direct wish from you - "I wish we had an official photographer".

I think you've misread my post - when I said "My normal customers wouldn't even get 4 prints for that price" it was for £20 not £200 (i.e. £200 split between 10 would be £20 each - for which you'd get at least 100 shots - not 4) - and my total charge would be £200 - regardless of how many kitesurfers wanted to be photographed. And my charges aren't bad at all - you'd be hard pushed to get a photographer out of bed for £200 let alone trekking all the way over to deepest darkest Borth to get his kit splashed with salty, sandy sea-water.

I know how hard you work on this great site and how undervalued web-designers (and photographers) are generally - so of course I'd be more than happy to give you your photos F.O.C. Al. (In fact it was already a given - I just wouldn't have broadcast it here)
I'll even reduce the overall cost so that the other kite-surfers who attend don't end up having to pay for your share.

Cheers
Rob

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 26-10-2004 at 13:07 Reply With Quote
I Didn't mean to sound as though I as having a go at you or your prices Rob.... And was only being sarcastic as far as the 'advert' was concerned. I'm just feeling hard done by and skint at the moment so was talking to myself really saying I need to charge more!.. Still, got the contract to build an online shop site for someone last night so thats another £250 in the bank!!
As far as a photo session goes. it will be difficult arranging an afternoon when everyone can be around on the beach and the wind shows up as well, so getting enough people to chip in for a photo session may be a problem... Worth a try though... especially as I'll get a freebie out of it, and you get a day at the beach!

Al.

kelvin
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 148
Posts 356

Mood: waiting 4 next blow

posted on 27-10-2004 at 16:05 Reply With Quote
good idea ,but as always getting money out of the guys is like getting blood from a stone ,
most of me pics come from the unoffical photo guys , which is just any bugger with a digi cam , although one or two use pro gear nikon and huge lenses , best of all its free !

Kel www.winsurfing.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger   kelvin 's ICQ status
mNeil
A Force-of-Nature ****

Member #: 276
Posts 1840

Mood: looking forward to some snowbo

posted on 5-11-2004 at 22:46 Reply With Quote
great photo of a great board MAD EEL shame tim lost it ,but never fear he will have a new one on saturday!

A KITE IS FOR LIFE!! THAT IS IF ITS A YARGA.

founder of storm'n Normans van club!

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy