booger
Pro

Member #: 1324
Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 20-7-2005 at 08:02 Reply With Quote
clothing

im bored so im starting a new topic
do you guys get any of the bodyboarding apparell over there? and do you have any bodyboarding only shops? i highly doubt it but you never know

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 325
Posts 486

Mood: Well and truly Stoked!

posted on 20-7-2005 at 11:27 Reply With Quote
I live inland so we dont have many surf shops at all...in fact there is not a shop in Nottingham which actually sells boards etc. There are only shops that sell the clothes and fashion parts of surfing.

Bodyboarding apparel is no where near as much as it would be in Oz. I haven't seen many bodyboard designers/makes on clothes at all. But we have loads of the big surf/skate companies everywhere. These are popular: Billabong, Ripcurl, Oakley, Quicksilver, Enties, Animal, Saltrock, Airwalk, Globe, and some O'neil.

I'd love to find some labelled clothes which have sponging makes on, like Manta, Hot Buttered, Fourplay or Threesixty (our sponging mag)...but we usually have to get them off the internet.

I don't know about anyone else here, but i haven't seen a bodyboarding only shop. If you're talking about apparel wise then definatly not...if you're talking about sport wise then we don't have a lot. Surfboards and Bodyboards are usually sold in the same shops, the closest thing i've seen to an actual bodyboard selling shop (without too many surfboards) would be Bournemouth Surfing Shop. (Where the new first european artificial reef is to be built).

What about over there booger? Bet you have loads.

[Edited on 20-7-2005 by Airborne]

booger
Pro

Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 24-7-2005 at 01:21 Reply With Quote
yeah mate we have 2 100% bodyboarding shops here on the goldy which don't stock any stand up surfing stuff. They are awsome as you can get all the best products you want and you can go chek out all the boogs when your bored (both shops are within about 5mins of me)
i get heaps of bodyboarding clothes n shiz from there aswell, now bodyboarding brands are sick so there is no need to get any quicksilver, ripcurl stuff. all the new grand flavour stuff is awsome along with unite which is decent no friends has just gone to crap i rekon.
here is a site from eppos bodyboard shop one of the shops here on the goldy they get heaps of internet orders from uk it says www.bodyboardshop.com

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 24-7-2005 at 17:10 Reply With Quote
SWEET! i would buy that stuff instead of the surf makes...its great you have 2 100% shops, we don't even have one .

That's well cool how eppo's is one of the shops near you, and 5 minutes away, sick shop, but i've fogotten about it for some time...i'll have to buy some stuff from there. Cheers. I'm sure eppo's is famous worldwide, kinda like fat willies in Cornwall, but better known.

booger
Pro

Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 25-7-2005 at 05:25 Reply With Quote
yeah i rekon bodyboard market is growing so rapidly and heaps more of these kind of shops will be popping up everywhere. me and my mate are looking in to starting one up on the sunnycoast cause boogin is huge up there and doesnt have 1 shop which sells bb stuff. huge risk though if we go through with it
Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 25-7-2005 at 08:36 Reply With Quote
sounds cool, if you did do it and it was successful then thats should birng in loads of money.
why the huge risk? because of moving and costs of setting it all up and then it failing?

booger
Pro

Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 26-7-2005 at 07:57 Reply With Quote
huge risk is we dont know how everyone would take to it like is the market for the stuff we sell big enough? and the cost and time for us to do it will be massive, like i will most prob have to give up uni for a semester or something, also we dont want to do it on the gold coast where i live at the moment but on the sunshine coast which is north of brisbane and is around 200km's from here so it will not be easy to get to. we dont want to set up a third one here because the competition would be too intense
Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 26-7-2005 at 16:42 Reply With Quote
hmm sounds like you've thought it through well, now you've got to weigh up the good and bad things and decide on whether or not to do it, and when to start. big decision

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy