Author: Subject: New Here / Boarding Vid
danglad311

Member #: 1796
Posts 2

Mood:

posted on 21-4-2006 at 22:33 Reply With Quote
New Here / Boarding Vid

Hey All,
I'm new here, and want to become a member of the community, but wanted to share my vid that I uploaded to hams.tv (a site where you submit funny / cool vids to win prizes). I can't give out a direct link, as it is a rate as you watch type site, but if you guys would check out the action sports section, my vid will come up soon. It's under my name, and it's a vid of my friend and I doing tandem headstands on my 12' longboard. Check Out My Vid at Hams.tv

Anyway, where's everyone from? I'm from Southern CA, favorite break is South Carlsbad, just cause it's usually low key and uncrowded, and I like to just screw around and take it easy. Anyone else on here feel the same way?

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 325
Posts 486

Mood: Well and truly Stoked!

posted on 5-6-2006 at 22:39 Reply With Quote
Most the members on here are from the UK, so when the waves do eventually arrive we appreciate it loads so there's usually no time to screw around in the water hehe...more localism or overcrowding and trying to get some wave riding in before the swell goes Swells seem a bit down at the moment as well.It must be nice to have uncrowded beaches that you can relax in, i presume there are some good waves too

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 6-6-2006 at 06:17 Reply With Quote
Not everywhere in the UK is as Airborne describes.. There are more beaches without overcrowding and too much localism than there are with such problems.. As soon as you get away from Cornwall and Devon things improve and some of the best surfing beaches are completely desserted all year round.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 325
Posts 486

Mood: Well and truly Stoked!

posted on 7-6-2006 at 10:27 Reply With Quote
Yeah i would agree with that, i've never really managed to have the experience of good waves without big crowds being in the water though. But like you said Al, that's because i tend to go to Devon and places like that where the beaches are busy. If im in Britain i'll head for the more popular beaches, don't usually want to get lost trying to find other spots...but for some reason whenever i go to france to bodyboard you can drive along the coastal roads and find spots easily, maybe i should try it over here too.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy