Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Re: 4th August 2007 Diary Entry by justal.
kelvin
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 148
Posts 356

Mood: waiting 4 next blow

posted on 5-8-2007 at 08:33 Reply With Quote
Re: 4th August 2007 Diary Entry by justal.

On 4th August 2007, justal wrote:

quote:
Windsurfing: Ynyslas
Wind Direction: SSW
Wind Stength: 16-15 knots
Surf / Sea State: 2 foot surf
Air Temperature: 19¬?C
Sea Temperature: 16¬?C
Weather: drizzle

I\\\'m a little worried that my boom is about to snap as it is making some horrible creaking noises on one side, so I\\\'m lacking confidence in my kit at the mo. Good other than that though and no one else out.

was thinking of coming that way Al ! as we got to Newgale it was,nt looking great , little bit less that what you had , although wind reading looking better that way ,
6m and 87l freewave at Newgale but very onshore and got lighter as day moved on .

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger   kelvin 's ICQ status
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 5-8-2007 at 11:16 Reply With Quote
Hi kelvin.... Just noticed that my entry was incorrect the wind reading should have read 16-25 knots not 16-15 knots... max gust was actually 27.8 knots and it was hovering around 20-22 most of the time, so maybe we did have a bit more than you did? I should really have been on my 5.7m not my 6.7m but its nice to be powered up!

Cross-shore all day as well... You'll have to make the effort to come up here one day, but I know how it is...if it is OK on your doorstep why travel just to get a little bit more wind, by the time you get there it may be worse than it was at your local beach.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy