Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Hello from another newbie
essexsj

Member #: 7863
Posts 1

Mood:

posted on 19-8-2008 at 09:52 Reply With Quote
Hello from another newbie

Hi there, I live in Rochford, Essex (about 6 miles from the Southend coast) and this weekend I was booked in for a 'Fast Track Weekend' course at East London Windsurfing School, which is based at Broxbourne SC (Nazeing, Essex). http://www.eastlondonwindsurfingschool.co.uk />
This course consisted of two days intense windsurfing activity. Start Windsurfing (RYA Level 1) on day one, Day two using RAF sails, Faster Tacking and introduction to Harnessing (Beginner to intermediate in one weekend!).

When I initially booked the course, I didn't think that I would get to the stage of being able to stand upon the board and sail a course, let alone progress onto faster tacking and harnessing, but I did and so did the others on the course.

Obviously there was a lot of falling into the wet stuff, and plenty of catapults, but it was fantastic to be able to hook in and commit to the seat harness on several close-hauled cross-wind runs across the lake by the end of Sunday afternoon.

I'm now looking forward to taking my own board out to practice everything, before I venture into tidal waters and a bit of chop. I will be mainly windsurfing around the Essex coast at Chalkwell, Thorpe Bay, and Shoebury East Beach.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy