Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: PKD Buster 4m or others?
xChudy

Member #: 8373
Posts 1

Mood:

posted on 9-6-2009 at 00:37 Reply With Quote
PKD Buster 4m or others?

I'm seriously looking at this kite in the next few weeks, few things i should mention first

i have ZERO exp when it comes to flying a kite of any kind.

i want power tho, i want the kite to pull me across the ground, maybe even lif me of the ground a few feet , i dont want to just stand there pulling on the lines, i want to feel the force have it be a challenge

im 6ft and 15.5st

and on a budget of £160max

maybe im expecting to much to soon, but im the kind of person who likes to jump in head first, with things like this i'd rather learn the hard way tbh,

im based in the north west, i reckon the best place for me to fly the kite would be west Kirby beach massive open ground, (i haven't really looked into venues just yet)

please feel free to suggest other kites or any tips that you think might help me decide on a powerful kite

thanks for taking the time to read this

xChudy

Loxley
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 1919
Posts 382

Mood: all I need is everything...

posted on 9-6-2009 at 08:01 Reply With Quote
4m Buster

Hi xChudy,

Well I am the same height and weight as you and my first kite was a 4m Buster. Admittedly that was 5 years ago now but I would imagine the design is pretty much the same.

I can confirm in a decent wind you will get pulled around ( skudding ) and lifted off the ground. It's a very hard wearing kite, the lines on mine were not up to much out of the bag so I swapped them for a set of flexifoil lines, but perhaps the quality has improved since.

It's a very fast flying kite and easy to control. There isn't as much force as in an old school flexi blade but still a good kite all the same.

Depending on what you are looking to do with the kite you may be best looking through the 2nd hand pages on here or the flexiforum at the various kites in your price range. Certainly for £160 you could pick up a 2nd hand kitesurfing kite with bar and lines, which you could then use on land until you feel comfortable or desire to get in the water.

Mark

shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 9-6-2009 at 17:51 Reply With Quote
a Beamer 4 meter would do you nicely as well, the version 3 onwards are great kites.

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy