Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Is there any one here interested in body boarding?
Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 325
Posts 486

Mood: Well and truly Stoked!

posted on 20-8-2003 at 11:52 Reply With Quote
Is there any one here interested in body boarding?

Anyone here want to talk about body boarding? There's got to be someone...anyone? Come on! If you do pleeease reply.

Airborne.

neilco
Beach Bum

Member #: 75
Posts 16

Mood:

posted on 25-8-2003 at 07:48 Reply With Quote
Hi Airborne

Would like to talk about bodyboarding, but as yet I don't have much to say! You'll see in my reply to your Biarritz post that I bought a board about three months ago but since then have only seen 'decent' conditions once (and I live on the coast...).

So, right now I guess I can just say Hi, but I'll be back here again next time I've been out - hopefully soon seeing as winter seems to be on it's way to Scotland!

Neil

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 26-8-2003 at 10:32 Reply With Quote
Hi neil, it's nice to finally meet a sponger on the forums. Sorry i haven't replied to you lately. Winter seems to be kicking in down here in England as well!
Let's start off by saying what boards we have:-
I have a 40' Manta Elite board and "winston" fins. What gear have you got?
How is the surf up in Scotland and where do you body board?

See ya l8er!.
Airborne.

neilco
Beach Bum

Member #: 75
Posts 16

Mood:

posted on 26-8-2003 at 15:11 Reply With Quote
Hey Airborne - Good to see another body boarder here; I'm just starting out so I'll be needing loads of tips and advice...

Gear wise, I've got a Wave Rider Oxygen 42" and a RipCurl Raptor 5/3 suit. Borrowing fins at the moment but these, some 'socks' and a board bag will be the next purchases.

Confession time... I've only been out the once! Not through lack of trying, it's just that there's been no waves here at all (seriously, I live on the coast so I check pretty much each day!). Things are starting to look a bit better now though so I'm getting more hopeful.

I live in Aberdeen, which I don't think is ever going to be that great for waves. If I head north, then Fraserburgh (NE tip of Scotland) is meant to be OK. Further around and north of Inverness is meant to be much better. I've been trying to find a web surf report for either of these places, as both are a decent drive away, but worth it if I know there's likely to be good waves.

First question then, what are good waves? What do I need to look for before going out and getting wet? The only time I've been out, it was pretty messed up, but with occasional decent waves of maybe three foot.

What about yourself - where do you board?

Thanks in advance for any info and tips!

Cheers

Neil

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 27-8-2003 at 08:14 Reply With Quote
Hi neil.

It's confesion time for me too. I'm not that proffesional (apart from the gear), i'm only 14 years old, but i know a fair amount about body boarding, i think it's SICK! (Sick means great/cool if you not sure).

If you want advice on any of the beaches around you look on the beach guide on this website.

I live in Nottingham, so as you would have guessed, i don't live near the coast, so i only get to go to a good beach about three times a year!

It sounds like you've got a pretty good board, and a sick wetsuit as well. Ripcurl Raptors are supposed to be really good! I only have a 4/3 o'neil hammer.

I don't really know how to describe a "good" wave. But if you go to www.croyed-surf-cam.com you can see some really good waves at the download options at the bottom of the web page.

I body board at Croyed Bay in North Devon and on the West coast of France (usually in the Vendee).

My first tip is to BUY THOSE FINS! It is imperitive that you get some fins. If you don't, body boarding will be like driving a car without an engine! In other words it will be hard to get the speed to catch a wave and ride along it. (none of this riding the white water business)

Post back to me if you want any more tips.

See ya,
Airborne.

Angry_Apple
Pro

Can't put my finger on it Award 2003

Member #: 272
Posts 75

Mood: angry....yet content

posted on 27-8-2003 at 09:15 Reply With Quote
hi all,
I know a couple of things about body boarding but mind you Im not an expert either and Im 14 to!!! But anyway, I have a Manta pro XBT and my fins are pro finsII. My gear is really up to date(I think!) because my uncle did a LOT of bodyboarding, but got crapped up his back and he couldnt body board anymore. He knew I did watersports so he gave them to me...

If anybody needs new kit check out www.missionsurf.com
It is really good. they specialize in Manta's too!
Cheers,
Angry_Apple

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 28-8-2003 at 08:38 Reply With Quote
Hi Angry_Apple. Nice to see someone else here interested in body boarding. It sounds like you've got some good gear. I think Manta boards are really good. What about you? Where do you body board?

Airborne.

millencolin_rock
Grommet

Member #: 413
Posts 7

Mood: HAPPY!! :D smile dudes

posted on 9-12-2003 at 05:55 Reply With Quote
hey guys and gurls
im kylie (16) and live in australia!! wooo hehe
i love lidding and im still pretty new to it all! im trying to get out as much as i can but being summer here the decent waves are getting few and far between!! haha
our metro beaches tend to be pretty small and sloppy as well as crowded to the max!! but if you travel to find good surf then you get good waves and there's very few people out!
i got a BZ Hubb Type H 41" and im using my mates old fins he doesnt use anymore cos they are were too small for him after a whole two months of use .. churchill makapuu's .. so scored there with them!!
well just thought i'd drop a line in and say hi and that i like sponging too!!
laters alligators keep riding and most importantly SMILING!! heee
kylie xoxo

[Edited on 9-12-2003 by millencolin_rock]

Kylie...
Millencolin rock!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Thodd
A Force-of-Nature *

Most active Body-boarder 2004

Member #: 446
Posts 278

Mood: itchin to get wet!!!

posted on 9-12-2003 at 10:54 Reply With Quote
Hi everyone!

I'm well into my Bodyboarding aswell!
I constantly get digs from my mates who stand up surf telling me it a poor mans game, that is until I spin past them on a wave...he he he!

I've got an Ion 42 " board

http://www.ionbodyboards.com/default.htm />
and some Churchill flippers and i've been sponging about 18 months now... and I love it!

I live in Manchester England, which is a long way from any decent surf so I make a regular 250mile drive to Wales most weekends.

I'm not as young as you guys(and girls) i'm 26, so if you carry on with this you'll be awesome by the time you get to my age!

I had an absolutely huge weekend last summer in Croyde, north devon, which had 10ft face clean waves, they were so powerful but it certainly sharpened my skills. I was thinking "If I fall off in this i'm going to get doomed" and guess what..... I did.....many times until I nailed it!

Anyway, speak to ya all soon!

merrynmoron
Grommet

Member #: 475
Posts 7

Mood:

posted on 15-12-2003 at 21:30 Reply With Quote
me me me ill talk bodyboarding although i aint been for 2 weeks and gettin serious withdrawel problems (im takin me board into the bath!!!!) i went to me home place in cornwall last and it was well crap i stayed around for 5 hours but it was dead ive produced bigger waves in the bath(not tellin u how..............) but the best part of the story as i left my parents place on the sunday afternoon with a massive hangover ready for the 6 hour drive home the waves looked gr8i dunno if its cos my eyes were not focusing to to alcohol poisoning or the girlfriends driving but in my mind they looked fine am hopin to go this weekend if i can get outta the xmas shoppin....................will let ya know.........bet she wins.............. noooooooooooooooo
Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 28-2-2004 at 11:00 Reply With Quote
lol. I've got a Manta Elite board, i think its a 40". I live in Nottingham so i don't get to bodyboard until i go on holiday. Hey lifes a B****.
I've got these "Winston" fins that i bought in croyde. Has anyone heard of that make, or have i just been tricked. Oh, well they were only £20!
Where would be the nearest place to Nottingham where i could go to bodyboard at the weekend?

Thanks.

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by Airborne]

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy