nicp
Hot shot

Member #: 30
Posts 37

Mood:

posted on 6-8-2002 at 08:13 Reply With Quote
My first go at windsurfing

only kidding

this was on the moon beach test trip in 2000. I'm not sure why I've got that stupid look on my face either - it's tricky performing for the camera!

[img]http://www.geocities.com/nicpillinger/pix/jump_smaller.JPG[/img]

pic is here

[Edited on 6-8-2002 by nicp]

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
nicp
Hot shot

Posts 37

Mood:

posted on 6-8-2002 at 08:16 Reply With Quote
edit: whoops appears to be working now!

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
adam

Member #: 3
Posts 184

Mood:

posted on 6-8-2002 at 08:57 Reply With Quote
I can't see it! Is it just me or is it broken?
nicp
Hot shot

Posts 37

Mood:

posted on 6-8-2002 at 12:04 Reply With Quote
weird it seems to work sometimes but not all the time.
how should i be posting pics?

adam

Member #: 3
Posts 184

Mood:

posted on 6-8-2002 at 13:40 Reply With Quote
Think its a problem with your host or server ??

Cool picture though how was the landing?

Best way is to post pics as attaching them to the message (Attachment box under compose message) try to keep them small in file size if possible to keep Al happy

Have attached your pic to this message.

How did you get onto the Boards Test Trip? Good fun or hard work? Couldn't have been too bad trying out all the new kit for a week. Moon Beach is a fantastic place went there some years ago and would like to go back now I'm a little better

adam has attached this image:

nicp
Hot shot

Posts 37

Mood:

posted on 6-8-2002 at 15:04 Reply With Quote
Duh! yes i see the attachment box now. it was yahoogeocities complaining about my bandwidth which is why it appeared sporadically.

Test trips are easy to get on - you just ask!

I've been out to moon beach with boards twice now - it's fantastic as you get to try all the new toys out. not hard work as such unless you find windsurfing everyday hard work? It improves your sailing no end sailing with that lot as well!

Landing was nose first and hence I planed away looking v cool it was about the only move I pulled off in front of the camera all day though, it was off completely flat water in a gusty force 5 so I was happy with it.

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 6-8-2002 at 16:50 Reply With Quote
Glad you got that working. .. I'll look into the problems with the inline image thing at some point. It seems to work sometimes but not all the time....probably because its getting from another server rather than putting it on my webspace as it does when attaching the photo...

One thing you notice about the photos on here so far is the difference between the ones taken in sunny climes in comparsion to the blurry, fuzzy ones in the 'good ole' UK.

I was thinking about going on one of the Boards test trips too. I mentioned it to Anna just the other day in fact. Not sure if I can afford it this year though, but it would be cool. I've never windsurfed outside of the UK so it would be a good introduction to windsurfing abroad.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

nicp
Hot shot

Posts 37

Mood:

posted on 7-8-2002 at 08:31 Reply With Quote
Al,
if you like flat on in the inside and big swell further out, warm water and lots of wind then moon beach is the place to go. The trip is 2 weeks and costs just over £1000. Its worth it though! Dont expect anything there other than windsurfing - it's 4 hours from anywhere through the desert.

Highly reccomended, if you get the chance.

RE: the blurry photos, I guess it helps that we had a professional photographer on a tower about half a mile out for that shot, plus incredibly bright sunshine of course!

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy