<<  1    2  >>
Author: Subject: Helicopter Air-lift
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 14-6-2006 at 20:35 Reply With Quote
There are a couple of signs further down the beach warning of currents, but often local authorities don't put up signs about such things as doing so then means they are liable for anything that happens that wasn't explicity warned about!

Similarly they wouldn't want to put up a sign simply saying something along the lines of 'the sea and beach are dangerous don't go there' as that isn't the message the tourist industry would want to portray.

The sad fact is, the sea is dangerous even for experienced, trained individuals who spend lots of time in it, no one can ever be comletely safe and unfortunately it takes a tragic accident such as this to remind people of the dangers.

You can't imagine how devastating this must be for the family involved, all they were doing was having a nice day on the beach playing in the water, one mintue everything was as good as it gets, the next minute tragedy strikes and nothing will be the same again for them.... Our thoughts are with them.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Fat Shady
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 1506
Posts 178

Mood:

posted on 17-6-2006 at 19:02 Reply With Quote
Very sad news.

By coincidence I recieved a letter from the RNLI on Monday inviting me to make regular donations to fund their activities.

Because they are funded soley by donations they find it very hard to budget long term. Regular contributions enable them to plan their finances more effectivley.

Needless to say I have now set up a direct debit with my bank & I urge any one else who can afford it to do the same.

These people very often put there lives on the line to help others for no reward, they deserve our support.

[Edited on 17-6-2006 by Fat Shady]

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 17-6-2006 at 19:33 Reply With Quote
Here ya go... Just in case Fat Shady's comments prompt you to make a donation, don't do it later DO IT NOW!

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

baileyman
Pro

Member #: 1933
Posts 114

Mood: Reflective

posted on 19-6-2006 at 09:04 Reply With Quote
Hey Al

Maybe you could put the RNLI link on the home page so it's visible to all members/vsitors to the site.

<<  1    2  >>

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy