Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Aussie Keen to gather Kite Surfing Experience
aussiemacka

Member #: 511
Posts 2

Mood:

posted on 16-1-2004 at 20:41 Reply With Quote
Aussie Keen to gather Kite Surfing Experience

Have just entered this world and seeking plenty of info on best location and kit. Still looking for a board.
I'm from Bristol way and I'm 184cm and weigh 95kg. I am eager so please help me out.

shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 16-1-2004 at 21:58 Reply With Quote
Hi, If your after a board for learning, take a look at the Airrush square 1, and square 2, boards, the square 1 will have you up and riding in no time, the square 2 will take a little longer, but will allow you to progress further. Also theyre probably the cheapest boards on the market, especially for getting people into the sport.

Good luck.

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 17-1-2004 at 21:33 Reply With Quote
Hi 'Aussiemacka'

I'm from Bristol originally, and although its not the best place in the world for kitesurfing, its not too bad if you are willing to travel a little distance.

Weston-Super-Mare is obviously your closest beach, but as you've pointed out elsewhere, although it can be good, its not the most scenic location in the world and it is VERY tide dependent. However, its only about an hour across the Bridge to S.Wales and beaches like Aberavon which are less tide dependent but equally as unattractive (well, looking in one direction anyway!) There are lots of beaches in that area, so look through the beachguide here for some more ideas.

Alternatively you can head to the S. Coast to somewhere like Portland or Poole (about 2 hours from Bristol) for some flat(ish) water in the harbours, or many of the S.Coast beaches.

Another good bet is Saunton in N. Devon. Again about 2 hours from Bristol and a huge beach where kite-surfing is very popular... You also get good surf in that area too, and its much prettier than WSM!!!

hope that helps.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy