Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Gonna get myself killed by a kite?
Bananaman
Pro

Member #: 522
Posts 99

Mood: Re-invigorated

posted on 19-2-2004 at 12:27 Reply With Quote
Gonna get myself killed by a kite?

Hey guys, I'd really like to try this kitesurfing stuff as it looks like wicked fun and I've been readin the kitesurf mag and lookin at the photos but how easy is it to learn?? Do I need lessons?? Would I start with a small kite?? Would I crack my head open on a concrete wall??

I saw somewhere that at the FON bash there will be kitesurfin tuiton or summit, is this suitable for myself??

Cheers in advance.

Dave
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 15
Posts 388

Mood: Hey Ho

posted on 19-2-2004 at 14:24 Reply With Quote
Get in touch with Shem at http://www.kitesurfwales.co.uk

borth-rowing-club.org.uk
borthlifeboat.org.uk

shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 19-2-2004 at 16:46 Reply With Quote
Thanks Dave. I will be at the f.o.n. bash for people to give kiting a go. I probably wont have time to do any actual kite surfing demos, Cos Ill be to busy having fun myself, hee hee.

As far as needing lesson, there are plenty of people that have taught them selves to kite surf. More and more people are having lessons now however, mainly because of the safety issues.Lets face it you wouldnt go parachuting of hand gliding without a lesson, and kites should be treated in the same way. As far as kite size, YES you do need to start with a smaller one, but having a lesson can boost the size of kite you buy as your first, which means you wont have to sell it on as soon

I cant guarantee youll crack your head open on some concreate, but there are some pretty huge groyns down here on the beach, which are pretty easy targets!!!! Hope thats some help, get in touch or check the web site if you need more info.

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy