Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: beginners kites- any of these suitable
Grommet

Member #: 589
Posts 8

Mood:

posted on 19-3-2004 at 22:18 Reply With Quote
beginners kites- any of these suitable

im looking to start kite surfing, moving on from kiting with a mountain board. im thinking of going second hand. of all the current adverts on this site and others the best few, in my price range and suitable projected size, around 10-12m, these are the few kites;
Wipika Airblast, Free Air and AMP
F-one Dream
Cabrinha Black Tip

are any of these suitable beginners kites? they are also quite old models, 2001-2002 mostly. my local kite store recommended to not get a kite older than 2003, maybe some 2002, as it would be too outdated, because of the rapid growth of the industry. is this a problem?

the new kite im looking at are the flexifoil strike 11, is £750 a good price for this

cheers for any advice

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by newbie]

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 19-3-2004 at 23:02 Reply With Quote
The Free Air is definately OK for beginners, as is the Airblast, but I'm not sure about the AMP.

Newer kites are obviously better, but 2002 models should be OK if they are in good condition.

£750 sounds like a lot for a 10-12m kite to me. But then, £750 sounds like a lot for ANYTHING to me!! Buy 2nd hand, there are loads of good deals out there, you'll easily get two really good kites for £750 second hand, which would be much better for you in the long run.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 20-3-2004 at 10:36 Reply With Quote
The air blast is actually to high an aspect as well, Ive seen a lot of beginers really struggle with them. The free air is fine though. £750 for a 12 meter is really expensive. When you consider that you can buy a board and kite package new for £800. Thats air rush square 2 board and airush trio 12 meter kite.( I use them to teach and theyre great, in fact I use them for my own personal riding as well. Its 30 knots and Ill be taking out the 9 meter today.
Get in touch if you need more info.
Good luck,

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

Grommet

Member #: 589
Posts 8

Mood:

posted on 21-3-2004 at 10:40 Reply With Quote
Hi Shem. i tried to reply to your email but it kept failing, something about an inbox being full.

here it is though:

Im not really looking for either a second hand or new kite, just one that is in good condition.

im quite interested in the caution, ive read alot of good reviews about it. got a couple of questions though; is it easy to fly ( im not looking for a compltetely beginners kite but one that has a bit more potentail for jumps etc.) what wind range is it suitable for? is it in good condition?

If you think the Caution would be a bad idea what would you suggest?

would you be able to post it to me, i live up in scotland so it is not really possible to get down south. id add the cost of sending it on to the price.

Thanks for your help

Ross

what do you guys thin k of teh Caution 12m kite?

cheers for all the advice

shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 21-3-2004 at 19:14 Reply With Quote
Its wind range is 13 -25 knote for my self( 13 stone). Its in ok condition, had a few repairs, etc. Theyve brought out a new model now which is why Im selling it. If you want more info your welcome to call on 01654791216.
I can get discounted prices on Cautions as I know the importer.
All the best

Shem

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy