Panaramic view of Borth

Spencer has attached this image:

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 29-3-2004 at 06:10 Reply With Quote
Nice one Spencer.... Shows that we had some sunshine this weekend, even if the wind didn't play ball.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

PaulF

Member #: 282
Posts 3

Mood: Smooth

posted on 29-3-2004 at 09:40 Reply With Quote
Hi Al,
Nice place - shame about the tantalising lack of wind!
My lady (your member raven22) & I arrived on Fri at 9pm, & had our first camping weekend, in her bright orange VW Camper.

If the wind had played it would have been superb, but we were the ones larkin about in 3-4mph on Saturday, & trying to "surf" on Sunday.
As surfboards, we can report little performance differences between a Bic Melody, & a 2003 JP Freestyle Wave 98!!

We were disappointed that the lack of forecast had put most people off, but I guess they needed to build up brownie points by mowing the lawn/ visiting the "in-laws"/ etc!!

We both enjoy the forums, chatter, & info, & we will be back!
Paul

Spencer
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 250
Posts 282

Mood:

posted on 29-3-2004 at 11:00 Reply With Quote
Yeah the sun on Sunday was nice,we had a good ride doing the whole length of the beach,the ride upto the monument was worth it,as whilst we were up there about 6 Dolphins cruised around the point giving us a good show,i never really thought we had Dolphins in the UK? would have been a nice time to have been out on a big board with a F3.
Jonny
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 394
Posts 308

Mood: waitin for the next blow!

posted on 29-3-2004 at 11:36 Reply With Quote
There are quite a few Dolphins all along the West coast of England and Wales. I remmebr surfing with them in the waves at Newquay last august which was great, they were so friendly. Ive seen dolphins on the coast of Aber a few times. Forgot to add into my diary entry last week that a few seals were watching us windsurfing last Thusday. At one point I musta been just under 10 metres away as I sailed past one. It was quite amusing as they were stationary with there heads popped out of the water just watching us sail back and forth. I didnt want to get too near them as I didnt know how temporamental they would be and whether it would be breeding season. Didnt want my leg to get bitten off!!
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 29-3-2004 at 16:28 Reply With Quote
Paul... At least you and Emma managed to get wet. I only got as far as putting my wetusit on on Sunday to go kitesurfing and then the wind dropped so I didn't even get in the water.

I suppose we can't complain too much though as at least it was nice weather for camping, and Spencer and Paul even got to see the dolphins. I think most people would have gone out for a swim with them had they come into the bay!!

Johnny... I think you'll be OK with the seals... there aren't very many reports of seal attacks, they are just really inquisitive.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy