Author: Subject: Buggy Rescue
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 7-4-2004 at 06:23 Reply With Quote
Buggy Rescue

I had a bit of a panicky phone call from Craig last night.... He'd come off his buggy which had then plunged into the estuary and was being swept across the waters towards Ynyslas... i had to cycle across the sands out to the point, take my trousers off and wade in to get it... Amazingly it had floated all the way across and I was able to retieve it for him.

I then tied it up with a shoelace so that front wheel was fixed in place, used the other shoelace to tie it to the back of my bike and cycled home. All was going OK on the sands until the front-wheel of the buggy fell off and I had to retrace my tire tracks to find the nut to put it back on. Once on the road things were a little difficult too as the buggy kept catching me up and the foot pegs on the front wheel kept trying to get rather too intimate with the spokes of my back wheel!!

I got it home in the end for him though.

Al

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

adam

Member #: 3
Posts 184

Mood:

posted on 7-4-2004 at 09:15 Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by justal
I had a bit of a panicky phone call from Craig last night.... He'd come off his buggy which had then plunged into the estuary and was being swept across the waters towards Ynyslas... i had to cycle across the sands out to the point, take my trousers off and wade in to get it... Amazingly it had floated all the way across and I was able to retieve it for him.

I then tied it up with a shoelace so that front wheel was fixed in place, used the other shoelace to tie it to the back of my bike and cycled home. All was going OK on the sands until the front-wheel of the buggy fell off and I had to retrace my tire tracks to find the nut to put it back on. Once on the road things were a little difficult too as the buggy kept catching me up and the foot pegs on the front wheel kept trying to get rather too intimate with the spokes of my back wheel!!

I got it home in the end for him though.

Al

Was he ok?

Has it just got standard wheels or Bigfoots? Amazed it floated and lucky it came right over to you and didnt get swept out!

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 7-4-2004 at 19:20 Reply With Quote
Yeah, he was fine. Normal wheels, but it still floated.... I was prety amazed as well, and asumed they were winding me up to start with just to get me swimming around the estuary looking for a buggy.... But sure enough, it had floated over and was in relatively easy reach on this side!

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy