Author: Subject: Flexifoil Strike
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 25-5-2004 at 19:27 Reply With Quote
Flexifoil Strike

I got out on the water today with the 13m Flexifoil Strike, and loved every minute of it.

Setting the kite up was simple. The kite was brand new and had never been out of the bag before. Its' a good package with a decent carbon bar, re-ride system etc. I did have a problem with one of the bladders in one of the smallest struts being twisted, so I had to pfaff with that for a while, and then as I inflated the final strut noticed that the bit that should be folded over and tucked inside on the trailing edge wasn't tucked in properly, so I had to deflate it, tuck in in and start again.... Neither of which were problems really, and I am being over critical here, but these kites will be sold to beginners who may not notice a twisted bladder or not realise that the end should be tucked in.

This size didn't have one-way valves in the struts, but the 15m and 17m we used on Sunday did.

Once in the air on the beach, the kite was nice and stable. More so than when I tried the 15m on the beach in light winds at the weekend. It's just really well behaved with no surprises. It didn't feel as though there would be enough wind (13 knots) to get going on the water, but I thought I'd give it a go anyway and maybe go on a downwinder. However, once on the water, a couple of swoops with the kite to generate some forward momentum and once the kite had some apparent wind in it I was off and making ground upwind... Pleasantly surprised with that I then just got on with it had had a really good session in the sunshine. I didn't really need to think about flying the kite too much, it just does what its told when its told, and has plenty of steady pull.

Jumping was a treat too, with some nice high jumps with plenty of vertical lift. The kite inspires confidence and I was soon doing grabs and generally having a good time.

Now, I can't compare it to other 2004 kites as I haven't flown that any for more than a few minutes, but in comparison to the older kites I've been using up until now, these really are far superior... Much easier to handle, much better built, more attention to detail and quite flattering as far as your ability goes. In just the 3 hours I was out with it this afternoon I suddenly had more confidence and was going for thngs I wouldn't have done before.... So, if you are still flying kites that are a couple of years old, then they are holding you back!!!

I did stand on the beach trying to find fault with the kite, but couldn't really. I even like the colours. The one negative comment I have heard is the fact that they don't pack up very small, so have a big bulky bag. This is because of the carbon spars in the wingtips which are quite long. I guess that could be a problem if you plan on travelling abroad with a quiver of these kites, or have a small car.

All in all, I'm impressed and wish I had kept up with the developments in kite designs all along rather than holding myself back with my old kites.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 25-5-2004 at 22:49 Reply With Quote
Al, you bastuard, how dare you go kiting without me, suerly this is not allowed. Luckily, Ive quit my job today, and as of now am " casual harbour master assistant" for the Aberdyfi to LLwyngwril Stretch of coast. 3 days on 4 days off. Which leaves me loads of time to kite every day of the week, so watch out diary entries!!!!!!

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

adam

Member #: 3
Posts 184

Mood:

posted on 26-5-2004 at 08:49 Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shem
as of now am " casual harbour master assistant" for the Aberdyfi to LLwyngwril Stretch of coast. 3 days on 4 days off. Which leaves me loads of time to kite every day of the week, so watch out diary entries!!!!!!

Nice one do you get use of a boat too? Could be good for zipping over to the other side of the Estuary and get some kites off Al!

So is it now a race to see who can use all the brand new sizes on the water first??

May be a while before the 5m comes out

col123
A Force-of-Nature ****

Member #: 405
Posts 1022

Mood: who needs wind anyway

posted on 26-5-2004 at 09:00 Reply With Quote
does that mean we have to salute you now shem

To Infirmary and beyond..

shem

Posts 2204

posted on 26-5-2004 at 21:10 Reply With Quote
It would be nice if you salute, good suggestion Col!! At least Ill be around for those light wind days when every one gets stuck half way accross. Should be fun. Except for when I have to watch you sailing at times that I cant.

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

dunk
A Force-of-Nature ***

Member #: 570
Posts 606

Mood: Spaced out

posted on 26-5-2004 at 22:10 Reply With Quote
Cool to hear the guys from powerkiteshop are lookin after you !.

Shem does your¨future wife know you´ve quit you´re job !!!!!!!!!? , pack you´re small kites , its rockin out here now.

Hey Col , could always use some new gear !!!!!!!

Mark

shem

Posts 2204

posted on 27-5-2004 at 06:29 Reply With Quote
Ye she knowa all about it, Far more sensible to play on the water than chop wood, as you know your self.

See you over there.

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

col123
A Force-of-Nature ****

Member #: 405
Posts 1022

Mood: who needs wind anyway

posted on 27-5-2004 at 11:21 Reply With Quote
mark i was going to bring you loadsa gear but it was only for people there at the time, and shem and al looked worthy....sorry i mean captain shem.

serves you right for going to tenerife...

To Infirmary and beyond..

dunk
A Force-of-Nature ***

Member #: 570
Posts 606

Mood: Spaced out

posted on 27-5-2004 at 22:08 Reply With Quote
Hey guys,

Really windy today,

Sorry p#@ed last night, forgot to say good luck with your new job , and wedding Shem, you too Al , for the signing yourself away bit

Had to get a small board for the toy box today, I had a go on an airrush pro toy, but it still felt to big, demoed a kiteloose "slim" 125 by 34, really nice ! never jumped so high ! got it for a cool price too , 425 euros, its new this year and only been sailed a couple of times, goin to touch the sky tomorrow !!!!!

Hope the wind stays Shem , its lookin good ! see you on the beach !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! looks like your jod´s similar to mine, be cool to get the same shifts !!!!!!! more time sailin together !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey col, shame you couldn´t make it , hope you get some wind next time you´re off.

Leo,

the guys are stylein it with the handle passes, get that leash fixed !!!!!!!!!!!! your not far away

Catch you guys soon !!!!!!!!!!!!

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy