El Nino
Hot shot

Member #: 8
Posts 30

Mood: Turbulent

posted on 26-7-2002 at 07:40 Reply With Quote
More Sports

Al.
Just a couple of quick suggestions. First up can we have more sorts described under the 'sports' section of the site?

Second. Why have you got information on the Aberystwyth area both under places and in the beachguide?

All in all though this is one of my favourite sites around and these new forums culd make it a little more dynamic... Nice one.

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 26-7-2002 at 07:59 Reply With Quote
More sorts??? I take it you mean 'sports'

Its a good point as there are loads of 'forces-of-nature' sports that are under represented on this site. The main reason for this is that the site started out as a personal site just decribing some of the things that my mates and I get up to in and around the Aberystwth area. I therefore concentrated on the sports that I regularly participate in along with a few others that we do now and then. However, now that the site has wider appeal it probably is about time that other 'forces-of-nature' sports such as parascending, snowboarding etc got a little mention.
Unfortunately I don't really feel qualified to write a page on any of these sports, so if anyone thinks they could, then let me know.

Also, with the growth of the 'Forces-of-Nature' beachguide, the site is becoming more aimed at coastal sports (many f which are already covered). I don't want to go too far down this route with the exclusion of the other things (gorge walking etc), but I don't have the time to cover EVERYTHING. For the time being it will have to stay as almost two related sites... the Beachguide and the 'personal site' in which the various sports are described...Both of which I hope are interesting in their own way, and both of which I will continue to add to and fine tune.

The answer to your second question if pretty similar really, there is some overlap, but thats just the way the site has developed...From a site based in the Aberystwyth region which then included a Beachguide... I couldn't really leave the Aberystwyth area out of the beachguide, and if I took the Aberystwyth area info out of the personal site there wouldn't be much left.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy