Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Churchill Fins..... help needed!
Thodd
A Force-of-Nature *

Most active Body-boarder 2004

Member #: 446
Posts 278

Mood: itchin to get wet!!!

posted on 14-1-2005 at 09:28 Reply With Quote
Churchill Fins..... help needed!

Couple of months ago I splashed out on a pair of Hydro Tech 2 fins..... quite a few sessions later I've decided that they're crap!!!.... They have loads of fancy technical "advancements" on them and they hail to be the greatest fins in the world! .... (not convinced myself).

Anyway i'm counting my losses and want to get a good old pair of tried and trusted churchill fins.
Problem is that I cannt find a local shop near me that sells them. I don't want to get them off the internet as I want to try them on to get the right size.

So heres the question:
Does anyone have a local surf shop near them that they know sells Churchill fins?

Wasn't summer great? I think it was on a Thursday!

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 325
Posts 486

Mood: Well and truly Stoked!

posted on 22-1-2005 at 17:11 Reply With Quote
Not sure where to get Churchills from really. If you go to Croyde then you can buy the same fins as me called "Rheos" which are copies of Churchill's and are a load cheaper at £20....if they are sold out at the little pink shop then go to redwood surf shop in Croyde village. It depends if you want real Churchill's which are probably better...plus you have to travel to Croyde, is that a good or bad thing?

Good Look.
Airborne.

Thodd
A Force-of-Nature *

Posts 278

posted on 24-1-2005 at 13:53 Reply With Quote

Yeah.... I want a pair of real Churchills, decided enough was enough and it was about time I got myself a pair!
I'm fairley conviced i'll get myself a pair in Croyde, I'm sure they sell them in the Tikki shop in Braunton. I don;t want to make the 4and a half our drive there to find out the shops aer shut tho, a lot of surf shops shut for winter. Still it would be a nice excuse to get into the sea....."well since we're here, it'll be rude not too...wink wink"

Didn't Braunton suffer a flood over Christmas? I read somewhere that the Gulf stream shop had its boards floating down the road it was that bad!

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 24-1-2005 at 16:44 Reply With Quote
Yeah i agree with the Croyde thing! And your right about the flood...you might have seen and read that quote: " the Gulf stream shop had its boards floating down the road and shop" on the croyde-web-cam website.

I cant find the picture or any information on it though...but on the picture the water was half way up the front doors.

I want to buy a new pair of fins any suggestions?

Thodd
A Force-of-Nature *

Posts 278

posted on 24-1-2005 at 16:49 Reply With Quote
You cannt go wrong with a pair of Manta blades... they kept me going for a good year and I thought they were superb for around £20.

I have a pair of hydro tech 2 fins at the moment.... alot of my mates have them and swear by them. I'll admit that they are by far the most comfortable fins i've worn, but I have real issues about getting speed and "thrust" out of them. Thats why I want a pair of churchills, the design hasn't changed for decades and they're used by all the top pro's! theres got to be something in them!

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 24-1-2005 at 16:58 Reply With Quote
cool! I love manta so they might be good for me, although i have heard of the Tech 2's...pretty tempting. Now im stuck lol. Oh, and by the way, if your going to Croyde very soon, which is doubtful, you won't want to surf...cus you won't be able to...main reason, NO WAVES!

look at the webcam...even my favourite place, Bournemouth which hardly ever has any surf is the flattest i have ever seen!

But there were waves at Bournemouth for once a week back that lasted for like a month! I even got a pic of bodyboarders there, yay! If only i could have been there.

Thodd
A Force-of-Nature *

Posts 278

posted on 25-1-2005 at 09:19 Reply With Quote
Yeah tell me about the flatness!.. from the utter carnage over the past week or so, looks like we'll be going through a bit of a flat spot on the west coast.

The east coast is looking favorite this weekend tho Cayton Bay is forcasted to be kicking up a 4-5ft foot swell and the wind doesn't look too bad on Sunday!

Get your woolies out! North sea in January is never the warmest of places!

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 27-1-2005 at 18:22 Reply With Quote
typical
My parents wouldn't let me go, and im going to an art trip all weekend, so no looking at those waves at all. And i'll be moving closer to the non-wavey part as you mentioned...the west coast. Never mind.

booger
Pro

Member #: 1324
Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 11-5-2005 at 04:21 Reply With Quote
mate dont get rehos thinking they are a clone of churchills, they arent, you dont get anywhere near as much kick power and they are uncomfortable as, im on about my 5th pair of churchills and they are pure gold and they help my groupie status haha (4play rawlins and churchies) but dont get manta blades they are even worse then anything else, get churchies, redleys or mabey tech2s but tech2's break heaps easy from walking on reef
Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 23-5-2005 at 18:23 Reply With Quote
hi too late
ive had the rheos for 3 years now and they have done me proud much better than the tech fins i tried once
But now im considering getting some real churchills if u say they are better than the rheos. £20 for rheos aint bad i think.
Cheers

Airborne

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy