Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Another lost board - ENCEE!!!
leonardo
A Force-of-Nature ***

Member #: 634
Posts 613

Mood: Chillin' ya bloodclot mahn

posted on 13-3-2005 at 12:00 Reply With Quote
Another lost board - ENCEE!!!

Speaking of which...yesterday was out all day with AndyB, Al, WillF and Encee. Encee lost his board around 3pm and went home..

Then around sunset the coastguard was on high alert cause someone reported a kite and board had washed up with fears of a drowned kitesurfer. I had to reassure them that all the kiters were fine and that it was in fact a lost board due to the rip.

In the end they found Encee's board (homemade with Aluminium strip) and some kitesurfer on the beach said he'd get it back to him..

So Encee, your board has been found!!

[Edited on 13-3-2005 by leonardo]

LEN10 LOOPING..

www.sskiteboarding.com

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 13-3-2005 at 12:42 Reply With Quote
Which is why if you loose any kit at sea you should let the coastguard know.... Not only does it mean you have more chance of getting it back, but it measn they won't send out a full search and rescue team (which can cost loads if the helicopter is involved).

I alwasy let them know when I loose something at sea... Mind you they've never found any of my kit though.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

leonardo
A Force-of-Nature ***

Member #: 634
Posts 613

Mood: Chillin' ya bloodclot mahn

posted on 13-3-2005 at 12:46 Reply With Quote
Hey Al, might be worth mentioning it...what is the number for the coastguard there?

This will help us all to enter the number into our mobiles in case we need it sometime in the future.

LEN10 LOOPING..

www.sskiteboarding.com

Encee
Pro

Member #: 1149
Posts 145

Mood: Itchin' to get out..........

posted on 13-3-2005 at 12:54 Reply With Quote
Guys . Theres a little bit of confusion here the board was in fact Paul B's.............. mines at home in the garage.

He did lose it, but not a kite & drove down to Borth to see if he could find it. Will let him know it's been found as he's away over the next couple of days.

I fully understand Al's concern about letting the coast guard know about lost kit us land lubbers still have a bit to learn so any advice is always welcome.

Thanks

Boys never grow up.........their toys just get more expensive !!

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 13-3-2005 at 13:06 Reply With Quote
OK... Aberdovey Harbour master no is 01654 767626 They'll tell you who to phone.

Sometimes it is the operations management team in South Wales, other time the Aberdovey Coastguard will take the call... If in doubt just dial 999 ask for the coastguard and then explain the situation.... I know it seems a little over the top, but at the end of the day they would much rather know even if via an emergency call than not have the information.
If you think about it, knowing not to have to send out a a launch or helicopter can quite easily save someone elses life who REALLY did need their help.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

andy B
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 1118
Posts 209

Mood: ah ripped again

posted on 13-3-2005 at 20:02 Reply With Quote
hi guys this may not be the thing to say but when i first went to borth i meet chris`s partner looking for a board , went straight to aber to by board lesh and only £14.
paul b
Grommet

Member #: 1162
Posts 14

Mood: Addicted!

posted on 14-3-2005 at 20:45 Reply With Quote
LOST BOARD

Whoo hoo! my little red devil is back!
Sorry to all concerned, I should have called in at the coastguards, but I was so miffed at the time it must have clouded my judgement, lesson learned!
Whats more worrying is that people are actually mistaking me for that ugly mut ENCEE!! ( only joking nige! ) For future reference, I'm the good looking one!
Does anyone know who has my board?

Pluto
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 598
Posts 281

Mood:

posted on 15-3-2005 at 20:51 Reply With Quote
Lost Board!!

It's me, I have it! I've been away from home so haven't been able to post but it's safe in my van (in Shrewsbury).

Wise words from Al above. Lets not go upsetting our rescuers, you never know when you might need them.

For fear of being repetitive WRITE YOUR NAME AND NUMBER ON YOUR KIT!!! Not only will you get it back quicker but you'll save the authourities a whole load of hassle. It'll only take one or two minor incidents to highlight our "extreme sport" leading to bans or restrictions.

Thats off my chest! Now must go and find a pen to mark my kit!!

Andy, give me a call - 07971 658302 to arrange safe return of your vehicle. Or catch me at the beach - the rusty "white" transit van.

www.kitesurfteacher.co.uk
IKO/BKSA Instructor

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy