Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
Author: Subject: What board and fins does everyone use?
Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 325
Posts 486

Mood: Well and truly Stoked!

posted on 1-6-2005 at 15:44 Reply With Quote
now that looks sweet!

check the curl and offshore blow on that baby

anyone else got some sweet pics of their spot?

booger
Pro

Member #: 1324
Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 2-6-2005 at 11:46 Reply With Quote
why cant i see any of these attatched pics?
Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 3-6-2005 at 21:43 Reply With Quote
Have you waited for them to load, this may take up to 5 minutes because there are several large images on this thread.

If you notice the earlier images load faster than the later ones, try waiting for each one to appear.

booger
Pro

Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 4-6-2005 at 09:45 Reply With Quote
nice pics fellas i finally got them loading after abit of a wait, i got a few more nice pics of dbah (bout 5mins from me, the standard of booging that goes down at this place is incredible, hitting a backflip/reverse air does not make you stand out from the crowd) first pic is mitch rawlins
[IMG]http://img211.echo.cx/img211/4783/mr9pa.th.jpg[/IMG]
2nd pic is of 16 year old thomas robinson from the sunnycoast ive seen this fella surf on vids and real life and he would be easily the best 16 year old in the world and one of the best riders in the world still got abit of a way to go though, this is him at wurtulla
[IMG]http://img211.echo.cx/img211/5707/thomas23xu.th.jpg[/IMG]

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 4-6-2005 at 11:10 Reply With Quote
Those are cool pics! I wish i could look like that 16 year old on a board, he looks pretty sick!

He looks about the same skill as our British/Irish 16 year old sponger Andrew Kilfeather. As well as having two high ranking surfers for uncles, he does stand up surfing as well as bodyboarding. He enters competitions, shoots footage and even rides with Damien King and Danny Wall sometimes.

I cant find any pics of him on the internet, but he sure looks sick in these pics in a "Threesixty"bodyboarding magazine i have.

These poor photos were taken last year in France, the quality is poor because its taken from video footage, and my brother couldnt keep the camera still.
Plus they're the smallest waves i've ever surfed This year i'll be taking my new waterproof camera with me.

Note: I am not the guy with the green float
Pic 1) Me Middle
Pic 2) Me Far left

[Edited on 4-6-2005 by Airborne]

booger
Pro

Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 4-6-2005 at 14:52 Reply With Quote
i highly doubt this 16 year old is better or even same standard as thomas robinson, mate this guy rips if u watch visions mike stewart says he is the best rider at the age of 16 he has ever seen, ever, this guy rips man. how many 16 year olds do u see hitting massive reverse airs/backflips etc and having the best style on all of them??
airbone those pics are hard to see mate!!

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 4-6-2005 at 18:03 Reply With Quote
Like i said the quality is poor.

Alright, your 16 year old may have the style...but if you sponge with Danny Wall: considered the best Drop Knee rider over here ever, which is what Andrew does, he cant be bad...your rider may be more sick, but has Mike Stewart seen the 16 year old i told you about?

Lol, im just saying you cant knock someone that you haven't seen. Your guy seems pretty sweet, i think to be good at both your guy's and my guy's skill level is a huge achievment!

Plus my guy can do backflips as well...hes not just a regular.

Airborne.

[Edited on 4-6-2005 by Airborne]

wez
Hot shot

Member #: 545
Posts 48

Mood: happy as larry

posted on 5-6-2005 at 19:42 Reply With Quote
I know about the lad your on about i seen visions , he's going to go a long way in the sport , the stand of bodyboarding in oz is so much higher than this country by far because of the amount of sick reef and beach set ups ,if we had such waves in this country i think it would show , apart from the walls, prisks ,skajarowski,johns ,to name a few that spend a lot of time traveling to oz indo and the canarys ,there is a good bodyboardind scene in cornwall if you need any info on traveling around cornwall then e-mail me and i will do my best to help you out , but if you want waves in summer there few and far between swells that dont have much power behind them. winter is the best , it is cold but if you have a good wettie then you can stay in for a couple of hours

if you need to look at some more pics of cornwall then check out a site called www. kernowbodyboarding .co.uk

stay stoked

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 6-6-2005 at 15:06 Reply With Quote
Yup! Oz is certainly a great country for bodyboarding, looks like if the guy is on a video then thats cool!

I might be interested in some more information on Cornwall and its surf spots soon for next year. I will keep you in mind wez and drop you an email, as well as taking a look at that site.

Cheers matey.
Airborne.

booger
Pro

Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 12-6-2005 at 08:15 Reply With Quote
aus is no where near as good as everyone thinks it is, like some parts are sik as but usually they are crowded to the max, like for example at the goldy we have this wave called the super bank (snapper through kirra) which is 2ks long and people have been kown to get 18second barrells but i live 5-10 mins from this wave and havent surfed it in like 2 years cause it is so so crowded and only works properly in over 3-4ft swell which we hardly ever cop here, but i want to explore some of the coast line some day cause there is so many never surfed perfect set ups, by crowded i mean 50-100 people in 1 take off zone
Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 12-6-2005 at 10:12 Reply With Quote
Sounds pretty crowded then.

Its good that you can find secret spots though. Heres a few pictures of how crowded it gets when you go to Croyde Bay, North Devon in the spring...its even more packed when its the summer. It's one of the best surf spots in Britain as well as Fistral in Cornwall, which also gets packed!

The following picture shows how hard it was to get out back behind the waves that day, constant bombardment of whitewater...you can just see a surfer riding the big wave that was out back, very tiring...im in that messy picture somewhere.

booger
Pro

Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 13-6-2005 at 01:29 Reply With Quote
i could just imagine the crowds over there haha you have something like 30-50mil people living in a place that would fit into QLD 22 times and i think the goldy is crowded!
airbone i rekon in that pic whitewater wouldnt be the problem the number of people in the water whould have been more of an issue.
wez mate, is visions being brought out in england? kenny would be stoked bout that local sunnycoast boys getting there vid out over there, how good is jono bruce section ey, the last wave at sandals is so bullshit with him hitting 2 backflips n air reverse on the same wave, its sik watching the waves u surf on boogin vids, any of you fellas seen tension 8 yet?

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 13-6-2005 at 18:07 Reply With Quote
nope...not sure if its over here yet is it guys? i reckon its all about the newest mickey smith film, "against the grain"...inspiring!

Yeh the people are annoying to, they get in your way so much...all the people in dingies, rubber wheels, some kyaks, polystyrene boogie boarders...plus you were trying to duckdive under that whitewater all the time and popping up because someone runs over the top of you with a rubber play toy.

MrSimes
Beach Bum

Member #: 1369
Posts 22

Mood: DREAMING

posted on 15-6-2005 at 09:52 Reply With Quote
My boards: CUSTOM BSD and rheopaipo stinger. Will put some pics up tomorrow of the wavehouse in Durban (in SA) its sick!
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 15-6-2005 at 16:25 Reply With Quote
cool sounds good!

Wave houses are wicked! I'd like to ride one, but im not going the distance hehe.

booger
Pro

Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 16-6-2005 at 08:10 Reply With Quote
surf has been so off tap here last few days swell around 4-6ft with one 8ft + day with offshore winds all day and reports for remainder of week are 4-6ft east swell with offshore winds all week good god i love winter here bit cold though early like 15 degrees haha!!

Mr simes where is rutland is that in SA? i didnt even know bsd boards were stil being made? reopaipo is a decent board the new damian king model looks alright i sussed it out today

MrSimes
Beach Bum

Posts 22

posted on 16-6-2005 at 09:48 Reply With Quote
No Rutland is in England, near Peterborough. Im serving in the army now, so Im based here. Very boring place.

Yeah Ben Severson only makes boards on order. I had to order my BSD from Hawaii, but I guess that just makes it even more desireable!!

booger
Pro

Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 16-6-2005 at 09:57 Reply With Quote
shoulda ordered a TQD from Aus, sikest boards ey, he is in my opinion the best shaper in the world and all the boards hes shaped which i have riden have been pure gold, he used to shape for 4play but i dont think he does anymore
ordering one from hawaii would have set u back a bit, how much it cost?

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 16-6-2005 at 11:58 Reply With Quote
Simes, i train in the Air Training Corps for Duke of Edinburough at Rutland Water (the big natural reserve with a big watersports lake...is that the same place? Because i live near there.

MrSimes
Beach Bum

Posts 22

posted on 16-6-2005 at 12:05 Reply With Quote
Yeah thats it! I live in St Georges bks about a mile from the actual lake!

My board only came to about £200. With two carbon fibre stringers. Its sick, you get to choose your own materials, colours, shape the lot.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy