Author: Subject: Oakley Pro Junior Competition
Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 325
Posts 486

Mood: Well and truly Stoked!

posted on 10-7-2005 at 14:38 Reply With Quote
Oakley Pro Junior Competition

This topic maybe should be in the surfing section, but to be honest the sponging forum needs some new topics

We mentioned a competition in another topic that was to do with a Lacanau Ocean, France surf competition. I wasn't totally sure when it's held...but i've just found out that there's an Oakley Pro Junior Surf Competition being held at Lacanau.

Fortunatly its on the 11th, 12th and 13th of August which are the last few days of my summer holiday there...now that's what i call convenient. Should hopefully still be allowed to bodyboard there in a different part of the beach, with the competition going off. I'll also try and get some pics and footage of it.

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 11-7-2005 at 13:56 Reply With Quote
Anyone know of any bodyboarding competitions around the world or britain and where/when they are held?

Because i always seem to see surf comps and not bodybording ones.

booger
Pro

Member #: 1324
Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 12-7-2005 at 06:11 Reply With Quote
depends how big the surf comp is like if it is a big one they will close off some of the beach so you cant surf in that area but if it is small like some comps held here they just surf between everyone, but there should definately be a place to surf when the comp is on.
there would be heaps of bodyboarding comps over there id think, like join a bodyboard club and they hold comps once a month or something like that with divisions A, AA, AAA with AAA being the best, well thats what happens here usually and if your good enough you can do the state bodyboard tour here which at present michael novy is tearing apart no ones even close and then if your good enough you can go to the national comp then the international iba comps.

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 12-7-2005 at 09:54 Reply With Quote
Wow sounds good.

Yeah, Lacanau Ocean beach is MASSIVE...so there has to be a place for others to surf.

I've heard of some bodyboarding comps down in Cornwall, but not many anywhere else in Britain...the state comps sound good. I'd love to join a club, but there would be no point in me joining because i would't live close enough to go to it regularly.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy