Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Re: 27th May 2007 Diary Entry by Impi.
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 28-5-2007 at 07:35 Reply With Quote
Re: 27th May 2007 Diary Entry by Impi.

On 27th May 2007, Impi wrote:

quote:
Windsurfing: Ynyslas Estuary
The usual early start to ensure i got the most of Ivor. Sent a text to Al to get him out of bed and quickly rigged the 7.0. Nice and easy crusing to start off with the sail pretty bagged out for maximum power. Al was not as powered with his freestyle sail. Slowly the wind increased and the tide dropped flatening the water off. Soon we were starting to break 30knots and with 33cm fins we could notice the extra drag they caused. Changed down to a 31cm select slalom (which seems to whistle like crazy at speed) and tweeked the sail a bit. It became a head to head speed session with each of us trying to outgun the other. Al was pretty impressive with his freestyle sail and managed to raise the bar with some impressive speeds. I started to get used to the course and the best line to take which proved to be effective as the wind started to peak at 30knots. It was a matter of heading down the course and hoping for a big gust. Soon the cammed sail and slalom fin proved to be a little bit faster in the maxed condtions and I got a personal best of 34.8knots. This speed sailing is really addictive and we ended up chatting about how we can get faster but realised it may take quite a bit more investment in kit for the extra few knots. Will it be worth it? Hell yes!!!

LOL.... I think the manta 49 sounds like what we need!!

http://www.windsurfer.co.uk/tabou_manta.htm.

Only 4.5kg as well so no pulled muscles carrying it back up the beach!.. My back is still sore today.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 28-5-2007 at 07:41 Reply With Quote
Or maybe an F2 Missile... have you seen the specs for that!

Missile XS: Length 225cm, Width 43cm, Volume 54L, Weight 3.9kg, Sail 4.5-6.4m

Imagine that on the speed channel in 40 knots (with a 6.4m sail!!!!)

Al.

Impi
Pro

Member #: 408
Posts 133

Mood:

posted on 28-5-2007 at 09:45 Reply With Quote
I dont think there will be enough room. Yesterday I felt that at over 30 Knots I ran out of space far too quickly. Anybody have a dredger I can borrow? A speed board is really temping expecially after yesterdays fun. I still reckon a small slalom board will be quicker at Ynyslas as it is sometimes quite gusty and choppy. Just imagine tripping over a speedboard at 40knots over the chop. Ouch!!!
shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 28-5-2007 at 09:53 Reply With Quote
Epic early session in there boyos! The pair of you were looking super fast, Ill have to get my self a kite speed run board so I can compete. Col and I were chatting about them last year, maybe well have to actually do it.

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 28-5-2007 at 09:57 Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Impi
I dont think there will be enough room. Yesterday I felt that at over 30 Knots I ran out of space far too quickly. Anybody have a dredger I can borrow? A speed board is really temping expecially after yesterdays fun. I still reckon a small slalom board will be quicker at Ynyslas as it is sometimes quite gusty and choppy. Just imagine tripping over a speedboard at 40knots over the chop. Ouch!!!

It isn't supposed to be easy, there has to be some pain involved, 'd just rather it was on the water than whilst carrying the kit up the beach!.
So, what board do you reckon then Impi?

Go for it Shem, GPS speedsailing is cool!

Al.

Impi
Pro

Posts 133

Mood:

posted on 28-5-2007 at 15:32 Reply With Quote
Isonic 87 or 94, the sonic 95 or Naish slalom 90 is the answer. Much more range than a full on speed board but not the ultimate top speed in flat broad reaches, something we dont get that often. Need to do some more searching though. I do still reckon the s-types we have are good for a couple more knots as long as we go very broad like yesterday and the water is super flat. I think my fastest speed was achieved by going very tight to the sand bank at the start of the run and then bearing off even more than one thought possible. I could only do this on the biggest gust.

Go for it Shem, you might just show us windsurfers how fast kites can really be. We can have Ivor speed sessions to see who can be the fastest in the conditions. Anybody else up for it, windsurfers and kites?

I have to come clean my shoulders are aching like crazy today. This morning I could hardly lift my arms above my head. l am aready looking forward to the next time Ivor shows. Bring it on!

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 29-5-2007 at 11:21 Reply With Quote
Uh oh..... iSonic 94 on eBay

Al.

Impi
Pro

Posts 133

Mood:

posted on 29-5-2007 at 18:33 Reply With Quote
Yes Uh oh!!!!!!! Do you really want to be beaten every day Ivor blows or is you who has already put in a bid? Do you know what will come next, a whole bunch of full on race sails!!!! Will have to sell my kidney to pay for it all.
justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 29-5-2007 at 18:42 Reply With Quote
Nope.. I haven't bid... Wouldn't have done without talking to you first anyway just in case you were after it... There would be little point bidding against each other.

I can't afford it at the mo as I've just ordered myself a 22" flat screen monitor (as if I didn't have enough monitors in my office already!)... Although I did see a Thommen 260 (81 ltr) slalom board for sale somewhere for around £145 that could do the trick, along with a full quiver of race sails.

Al.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy