Author: Subject: Newbie from salisbury, wiltshire
dan_almond

Member #: 6946
Posts 1

Mood:

posted on 27-8-2007 at 20:38 Reply With Quote
Newbie from salisbury, wiltshire

Hi people.

Just after a bit of advice regarding kitesurfing and possably looking for somone to maybe show me the ropes etc.

Im in Salisbury, but will travel down to the shallow area in Poole (cant remember what its called but the area thats a few feet deep all the way out.)

Currentl ive got a 3mts power kite, but want to go to the next level. Kite surfing looks like it will get me going, so i want to give it a go.

I have no idea on what gear i need, how to do it etc, so ill appreciate any advice given.

Cheers
Dan

sPaNneR123

Member #: 6954
Posts 1

Mood:

posted on 28-8-2007 at 03:37 Reply With Quote
hey dan

hey dan

i used to live in poole know it pretty well i would say if you wanna know what kit to buy and your gonna need to sign up for your years membership on the harbour front in poole you have the RYA training centre pop in there they will tell you what to use to begin with and sign you up with ya membership which you will need incase any accidents happen it will cover you up too a million pound i think it is!!

if you practice in the harbour out side the front of the RYA centre they can also keep an eye on you incase you get trouble and need a boat rescue i had one or two my self

might run in to you one day maybe i like to go there now and again to get good because ya get a lil rusty if ya dont do it all the time

best of luck dan hope this helps

from simon in swindon, wiltshire

Pluto
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 598
Posts 281

Mood:

posted on 28-8-2007 at 20:45 Reply With Quote
Sandbanks - That's the name of the place you're looking for.

On your way there, pop in to see the boys at H2O watersports, they're on your left on the way in from the main road. Ask for Andy Gratwick- tell him I sent you.

There are a few other places, I'm sure you'll sniff out. If you fancy avoiding the crowds, try coming up to Mid Wales to visit me or my jolly good chums at Kitesurf Wales.

Last I heard RYA were more involved with Sailing; don't be surprised if they point you towards the British Kitesurfing Association - BKSA. Andy will tell you more if you want, so will any other decent instructor as part of your training....And make sure you get some!

www.kitesurfteacher.co.uk
IKO/BKSA Instructor

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy