Author: Subject: relocation Ynyslas
jack russell
Hot shot

Member #: 7782
Posts 32

Mood: yam goooin to tha beach

posted on 29-7-2008 at 11:04 Reply With Quote
relocation Ynyslas

Hey peeps just found my way here from the flexifoil kite forums. I've set up base camp in Capel Seion and brung ma quiver of five kites and my trusty peter lynn comp buggy. I've relocated from Leicester so most of my beach time has been the East coast, my only Welsh treks being to Blackrock. I'm looking to buggy on ynyslas are there any restrictions or local rules???

[Edited on 29-7-2008 by jack russell]

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 29-7-2008 at 11:48 Reply With Quote
Hello, and welcome!

I used to live in Capel Seion and travelled from there to Ynyslas for kiting and other beach activities... I now live at Ynyslas so don't have to make the drive anymore.

There aren't any restrictions but as usual common sense means that you need to be respectful of other beach users at all times so that the current state of no-restrictions remains that way. Generally we say to park in the Golf Course Car park on the sea front and buggy etc. north of the little red-brick building on top of the pebble ridge... That way there shoudn't be too many holiday makers in the way and there should be less chance of any conflicts. You still have a huge area of hard packed sand to play on.

Obviously in the winter when it isn;t so busy this isn't so important but at this time of year it can get busy on the beach so as long as we don't get in anyones way we should enjoy the freedom to kite here for a while yet.

See you on the beach sometime.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

jack russell
Hot shot

Posts 32

posted on 29-7-2008 at 12:21 Reply With Quote
Thanks Al - sounds pretty perfect to me. I'll pump my tyres up and load up the kangoo!!!! Don't worry about the "common sense" I'm used to dog walkers who seem to fancy watching their pooch get cheese wired on Old Hunstanton beach even though I walk a full mile from the last carpark!!
shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 29-7-2008 at 18:52 Reply With Quote
c ya on the beach

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

jack russell
Hot shot

Posts 32

posted on 30-7-2008 at 12:57 Reply With Quote
thanks shem - looks like later in the week judging by the weather today again! Tinkering at home with my harness and block and fighting with a "bargain" replacement set of lines for my 3.5 off ebay (when will I ever learn that you only gets what you pays for) all four lines different lengths and the kite flies like a Morrisons bag! Plan B - one end round the fence post by the chicken house other end on the towing eye of the kangoo and STREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEtch

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy