Blaschito
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 8542
Posts 175

Mood:

posted on 18-9-2009 at 00:38 Reply With Quote
Kitesurfing in Aberystwyth

Hi everybody,
I am moving to Aberystwyth in Wales for studying. Does anyone know any good spot for going kitesurfing around there? On internet i found some imformation about Borth. I would not fancy a spot wth waves for the moment.
I would really appriciate any imformatiion.
Thanks in advance!

shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 18-9-2009 at 06:21 Reply With Quote
this web site and the majority of us using it are Borth based, so u r in the right place. Dont worry about waves, ull get used to them soon enough. If u arent confident in Waves, dont sail in Aberystwyth itself, as theres a air shore break there normally as well as a lot of rocks, walls and reefs. Having said that, its a great spot in the right conditions, u just need to be carfull launching and landing. Ynys las estuary is a great flat water spot. Do u have transport?

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

Blaschito
A Force-of-Nature *

Posts 175

Mood:

posted on 18-9-2009 at 11:49 Reply With Quote
Thank you very much Shem!! I do not have my own trasport but i would not mind to rent a car for a day or two as i've got driving licence. I would not mind taking public transport either . I understood what you said about Aber's spot i'am all right with small waves..but not with a kind of medium to big size ..anyway i'll have a look when i'm in Aber
Would you know any club where i could become a member, in order to meet new kiters and also getting some help when it's time to go out kiting?
I apologise for all these questions but you know yourself how addictive this sport is

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 18-9-2009 at 12:50 Reply With Quote
You can get the train or bus from Aberystwyth to Borth and should be able to get your kiting kit on the train without too many problems... I do know of someone who did it with their windsurf kit once! There will also be plenty of people going backwards and forwards between the two each day so once you're settled in you should be able to scrounge a lift off someone.

There isn't a club (unless someone at the uni has started one up this year), but if you go the the northern end of the beach in Borth or into the estuary at Ynyslas there is almost alwasy someone out kiting and me or Shem are likely to be about as well. I'm more likely to be windsurfing than kiting but I did kite-surf 'back in the day' so will be happy to help you out with pointing you in the right direction, launching and landing etc.

The other thing of course is to check here on FON as you'll soon get to know the people who kite-surf in the area and will be able to see when and where they are going so that you can meet up with them.

We'll see you on the beach soon.
Al.
P.S. what are you going to be studying?

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Blaschito
A Force-of-Nature *

Posts 175

Mood:

posted on 18-9-2009 at 14:36 Reply With Quote
Hi Justal it's a pleasure to read your post!! You lads gave me a lot of imformation!! I really appriciate it.
By the way i'm going to study Sport and Exercise Science in Aberystwyth. It's a fantastic course!! I am going to really enjoy it.
I'll see you soon on the beach than ! I'll give you a shout the day i'll go out kitesurfing. I'm looking forward to it.
Thanks again!!

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 18-9-2009 at 14:46 Reply With Quote
Nice one... Sports and Exercise science is pretty good... I know a few people who work in the department and have been a lab rat in some exercise tests for a PhD. student there.... You should have a good time!

See you soon.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Blaschito
A Force-of-Nature *

Posts 175

Mood:

posted on 18-9-2009 at 17:10 Reply With Quote
ahhahah so you've gone through the lab testing
if you would fancy to be a lab rat again i would not mind hahahahahah i'm joking pal
I'll see you out there then!!!

Take care and see you soon!

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy